Aug 19, 2013, 2:31 PM EST
In the Bulls-Heat playoff series last spring, Nazr Mohammed got involved in an altercation with LeBron James. While LeBron dribbled, Mohammad fouled him, and as they were tangled, LeBron pushed Mohammed to the floor. At that point, the basketball play ended. Mohammed got up and shoved LeBron, who was already looking at a referee while pleading his case, and LeBron fell to the floor.
LeBron got a technical foul, and Mohammed was ejected – a disproportionate punishment for disproportionate acts. Mohammed was more in the wrong,* and he was treated as such.
But don’t worry. Mohammed holds no grudge with LeBron.
Host David Kaplan asked Mohammed what an off-court confrontation between Mohammed and James would go like in a post-shove world, but Mohammed didn’t wnat to make a big deal of it.”I’d say ‘what’s up?’ I’d give him the head no,” Mohammed said..” I’ll speak to him as much as I did before the so-called incident. There’s no hard feelings.”
That’s mighty gracious of Mohammed, but it’s pretty pointless. If anyone should have hard feelings, it’s LeBron. He’s the one who was hit with a cheap shot.LeBron, because of his stature as the game’s top player, has more people gunning for him. I don’t know whether LeBron is still bitter with Mohammed, but the Bulls center isn’t the first player to attempt to make his mark by coming at LeBron. I just have no idea what Mohammed as getting at now.*At least in terms of committing violations. Strategically, he might have been right.
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 1
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 6
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 12
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)