Aug 19, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
In the Bulls-Heat playoff series last spring, Nazr Mohammed got involved in an altercation with LeBron James. While LeBron dribbled, Mohammad fouled him, and as they were tangled, LeBron pushed Mohammed to the floor. At that point, the basketball play ended. Mohammed got up and shoved LeBron, who was already looking at a referee while pleading his case, and LeBron fell to the floor.
LeBron got a technical foul, and Mohammed was ejected – a disproportionate punishment for disproportionate acts. Mohammed was more in the wrong,* and he was treated as such.
But don’t worry. Mohammed holds no grudge with LeBron.
Host David Kaplan asked Mohammed what an off-court confrontation between Mohammed and James would go like in a post-shove world, but Mohammed didn’t wnat to make a big deal of it.”I’d say ‘what’s up?’ I’d give him the head no,” Mohammed said..” I’ll speak to him as much as I did before the so-called incident. There’s no hard feelings.”
That’s mighty gracious of Mohammed, but it’s pretty pointless. If anyone should have hard feelings, it’s LeBron. He’s the one who was hit with a cheap shot.LeBron, because of his stature as the game’s top player, has more people gunning for him. I don’t know whether LeBron is still bitter with Mohammed, but the Bulls center isn’t the first player to attempt to make his mark by coming at LeBron. I just have no idea what Mohammed as getting at now.*At least in terms of committing violations. Strategically, he might have been right.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65