Aug 19, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
If you’re a Lakers’ fan, this may be the most exciting 15 seconds of what is probably the most boring piece video of you’ve ever seen.
If you’re unsure of exactly what you’re looking at, that’s Kobe Bryant running on an anti-gravity treadmill that allows the user to run on less than their full body weight. Clearly Kobe is advancing in his rehab and wanted to share that information with his fans.
That said, the next natural question is: what percentage of his body weight is Kobe actually running on?
That little piece of information would give us some real insight into how far along Kobe actually is in his rehab. If Kobe is running on half (or more) of his body weight, I’d think that’s significant progress towards an early-ish return and would fall in line with him saying he’s shattering his rehabilitation timeline. If he’s still on the low end of the scale of his body weight, maybe he’s not as far along as many would hope.
In any event, what is clear is that Kobe is coming along in his recovery. How far along remains an unknown. So don’t go betting the house on Kobe playing on opening night just yet.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s drivers’ license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 8
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29