Aug 19, 2013, 2:27 PM EST
If you’re a Lakers’ fan, this may be the most exciting 15 seconds of what is probably the most boring piece video of you’ve ever seen.
If you’re unsure of exactly what you’re looking at, that’s Kobe Bryant running on an anti-gravity treadmill that allows the user to run on less than their full body weight. Clearly Kobe is advancing in his rehab and wanted to share that information with his fans.
That said, the next natural question is: what percentage of his body weight is Kobe actually running on?
That little piece of information would give us some real insight into how far along Kobe actually is in his rehab. If Kobe is running on half (or more) of his body weight, I’d think that’s significant progress towards an early-ish return and would fall in line with him saying he’s shattering his rehabilitation timeline. If he’s still on the low end of the scale of his body weight, maybe he’s not as far along as many would hope.
In any event, what is clear is that Kobe is coming along in his recovery. How far along remains an unknown. So don’t go betting the house on Kobe playing on opening night just yet.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9