Aug 19, 2013, 2:27 PM EST
If you’re a Lakers’ fan, this may be the most exciting 15 seconds of what is probably the most boring piece video of you’ve ever seen.
If you’re unsure of exactly what you’re looking at, that’s Kobe Bryant running on an anti-gravity treadmill that allows the user to run on less than their full body weight. Clearly Kobe is advancing in his rehab and wanted to share that information with his fans.
That said, the next natural question is: what percentage of his body weight is Kobe actually running on?
That little piece of information would give us some real insight into how far along Kobe actually is in his rehab. If Kobe is running on half (or more) of his body weight, I’d think that’s significant progress towards an early-ish return and would fall in line with him saying he’s shattering his rehabilitation timeline. If he’s still on the low end of the scale of his body weight, maybe he’s not as far along as many would hope.
In any event, what is clear is that Kobe is coming along in his recovery. How far along remains an unknown. So don’t go betting the house on Kobe playing on opening night just yet.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 6
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 19
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 12
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15