Aug 19, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
Hey, it’s late August, what do you really want? Another update on Dwyane Wade’s knee recovery? A bunch more Lakers speculation?
That car to the right is the Gurkha F5 built by Terradyne Armored Vehicles for military use. You may recognize it as the one The Rock drove in “Fast Five.” Of course, if you’re wealthy enough and want one, you can have one for street use.
Meet J.R. Smith.
The Knicks swingman and Sixth Man of the Year just signed a three-year, $17 million contract where he got a big chunk of that money up front. If you wonder what he did with that money, we bring you this from the New York Post.
Smith, who’s recovering after surgery on his left knee in the off-season, rolled up to Meatpacking District restaurant Catch on Thursday night in a Gurkha F5, which is made by Toronto-based Terradyne Armored Vehicles and used by police and the military. Smith parked the oversize truck, worth about $450,000, on the street while he dined inside.
If I were going to spend nearly half a million on a car to stroke my ego (and if you spend that much on a car, that’s a big part of the point) this would not be my choice. But I am not, so to each his own.
But good call on Catch, I want to try Hung Huynh’s food.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 0
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 14
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 14
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 40
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5