Aug 19, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Giannis Antetokounmpo is not a difficult name to pronounce. It sounds exactly how it’s spelled.
Somehow – and I really don’t understand how this happened – Milwaukee fans struggled hilariously to say the name of the Bucks’ latest first-round pick (hat tip: Jeremy Schmidt of Bucksketball):
Antetokounmpo, a point forward the from Greece who Milwaukee took with the No. 15 pick, is still just 18 years old and a pretty big project. The Bucks have Brandon Knight and Luke Ridnour at point guard and O.J. Mayo, Ersan Ilyasova and Carlos Delfino on the wing.
In other words, Bucks fans will likely have a couple years to learn how to say Antetokounmpo’s name before they have to cheer for him on the court regularly.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 19
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49