Aug 19, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Giannis Antetokounmpo is not a difficult name to pronounce. It sounds exactly how it’s spelled.
Somehow – and I really don’t understand how this happened – Milwaukee fans struggled hilariously to say the name of the Bucks’ latest first-round pick (hat tip: Jeremy Schmidt of Bucksketball):
Antetokounmpo, a point forward the from Greece who Milwaukee took with the No. 15 pick, is still just 18 years old and a pretty big project. The Bucks have Brandon Knight and Luke Ridnour at point guard and O.J. Mayo, Ersan Ilyasova and Carlos Delfino on the wing.
In other words, Bucks fans will likely have a couple years to learn how to say Antetokounmpo’s name before they have to cheer for him on the court regularly.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 4
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 4
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 16
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 12
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6