Aug 19, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Giannis Antetokounmpo is not a difficult name to pronounce. It sounds exactly how it’s spelled.
Somehow – and I really don’t understand how this happened – Milwaukee fans struggled hilariously to say the name of the Bucks’ latest first-round pick (hat tip: Jeremy Schmidt of Bucksketball):
Antetokounmpo, a point forward the from Greece who Milwaukee took with the No. 15 pick, is still just 18 years old and a pretty big project. The Bucks have Brandon Knight and Luke Ridnour at point guard and O.J. Mayo, Ersan Ilyasova and Carlos Delfino on the wing.
In other words, Bucks fans will likely have a couple years to learn how to say Antetokounmpo’s name before they have to cheer for him on the court regularly.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 2
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18