Aug 19, 2013, 1:56 PM EST
Giannis Antetokounmpo is not a difficult name to pronounce. It sounds exactly how it’s spelled.
Somehow – and I really don’t understand how this happened – Milwaukee fans struggled hilariously to say the name of the Bucks’ latest first-round pick (hat tip: Jeremy Schmidt of Bucksketball):
Antetokounmpo, a point forward the from Greece who Milwaukee took with the No. 15 pick, is still just 18 years old and a pretty big project. The Bucks have Brandon Knight and Luke Ridnour at point guard and O.J. Mayo, Ersan Ilyasova and Carlos Delfino on the wing.
In other words, Bucks fans will likely have a couple years to learn how to say Antetokounmpo’s name before they have to cheer for him on the court regularly.
- Trade rumor update: Nets may be Kyle Lowry frontrunners 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 1
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 29
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 7
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (66)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (53)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (45)