Aug 19, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Giannis Antetokounmpo is not a difficult name to pronounce. It sounds exactly how it’s spelled.
Somehow – and I really don’t understand how this happened – Milwaukee fans struggled hilariously to say the name of the Bucks’ latest first-round pick (hat tip: Jeremy Schmidt of Bucksketball):
Antetokounmpo, a point forward the from Greece who Milwaukee took with the No. 15 pick, is still just 18 years old and a pretty big project. The Bucks have Brandon Knight and Luke Ridnour at point guard and O.J. Mayo, Ersan Ilyasova and Carlos Delfino on the wing.
In other words, Bucks fans will likely have a couple years to learn how to say Antetokounmpo’s name before they have to cheer for him on the court regularly.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 25
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23