Aug 19, 2013, 5:39 PM EDT
Many of us have been around long enough to not only remember Rasheed Wallace from the peak of his playing days with the Blazers and the Pistons, but also for his reputation of being somewhat of a trick shot virtuoso.
The video clip posted above is a reminder of just how ridiculous Wallace can be while displaying these talents, and it sounds like he pulled out the same arsenal recently while getting Andre Drummond to engage with him in a friendly game of H-O-R=S=E.
Andre Drummond soaks up a little knowledge from Rasheed Wallace every day they spend together. One of the most searing lessons so far: Don’t engage him in a game of H-O-R-S-E.
“I played with him the other day – it wasn’t fun,” Drummond grinned after a Monday workout. What did coach Wallace throw at his prodigy?
“Everything. The little side corner shot with his feet against the out-of-bounds line. The shot from the track line (that runs behind the basket), over the hoop, made it in. And then the two-ball thing. He’s a natural. I don’t know why I did it to myself. I have no idea why I did it.”
Drummond is just 20 years old, so you can’t blame him for not knowing the extent of Wallace’s skills. Let’s hope this was indeed just a friendly game, and that it didn’t end up costing Drummond more than a little bit of his pride.
Wallace is in his first season as an assistant coach with the Pistons.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 0
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 13
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 19
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19