Aug 19, 2013, 5:39 PM EDT
Many of us have been around long enough to not only remember Rasheed Wallace from the peak of his playing days with the Blazers and the Pistons, but also for his reputation of being somewhat of a trick shot virtuoso.
The video clip posted above is a reminder of just how ridiculous Wallace can be while displaying these talents, and it sounds like he pulled out the same arsenal recently while getting Andre Drummond to engage with him in a friendly game of H-O-R=S=E.
Andre Drummond soaks up a little knowledge from Rasheed Wallace every day they spend together. One of the most searing lessons so far: Don’t engage him in a game of H-O-R-S-E.
“I played with him the other day – it wasn’t fun,” Drummond grinned after a Monday workout. What did coach Wallace throw at his prodigy?
“Everything. The little side corner shot with his feet against the out-of-bounds line. The shot from the track line (that runs behind the basket), over the hoop, made it in. And then the two-ball thing. He’s a natural. I don’t know why I did it to myself. I have no idea why I did it.”
Drummond is just 20 years old, so you can’t blame him for not knowing the extent of Wallace’s skills. Let’s hope this was indeed just a friendly game, and that it didn’t end up costing Drummond more than a little bit of his pride.
Wallace is in his first season as an assistant coach with the Pistons.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 2
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 25
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 14
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 31
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10