Aug 19, 2013, 5:39 PM EDT
Many of us have been around long enough to not only remember Rasheed Wallace from the peak of his playing days with the Blazers and the Pistons, but also for his reputation of being somewhat of a trick shot virtuoso.
The video clip posted above is a reminder of just how ridiculous Wallace can be while displaying these talents, and it sounds like he pulled out the same arsenal recently while getting Andre Drummond to engage with him in a friendly game of H-O-R=S=E.
Andre Drummond soaks up a little knowledge from Rasheed Wallace every day they spend together. One of the most searing lessons so far: Don’t engage him in a game of H-O-R-S-E.
“I played with him the other day – it wasn’t fun,” Drummond grinned after a Monday workout. What did coach Wallace throw at his prodigy?
“Everything. The little side corner shot with his feet against the out-of-bounds line. The shot from the track line (that runs behind the basket), over the hoop, made it in. And then the two-ball thing. He’s a natural. I don’t know why I did it to myself. I have no idea why I did it.”
Drummond is just 20 years old, so you can’t blame him for not knowing the extent of Wallace’s skills. Let’s hope this was indeed just a friendly game, and that it didn’t end up costing Drummond more than a little bit of his pride.
Wallace is in his first season as an assistant coach with the Pistons.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15