Aug 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We all knew what would be coming in at No. 1 on this compilation the folks at the NBA put together of the Miami Heat’s top plays of the 2013 season.
But there were at least a few that had slipped my mind here given all that transpired.
I only have two issues with this clip. The block on Splitter? That should have been higher than sixth. It’s the only play in the entire video that still evokes a visceral reaction, even after seeing it so many times.
And while Ray Allen‘s three to send Game 6 of the Finals to overtime was sure to top the list, it would have been great to see his reaction as he headed to the huddle telling the courtside folks what they could do with those ropes they had ready for the trophy presentation in case the Spurs held on to win the championship that night.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17