Aug 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We all knew what would be coming in at No. 1 on this compilation the folks at the NBA put together of the Miami Heat’s top plays of the 2013 season.
But there were at least a few that had slipped my mind here given all that transpired.
I only have two issues with this clip. The block on Splitter? That should have been higher than sixth. It’s the only play in the entire video that still evokes a visceral reaction, even after seeing it so many times.
And while Ray Allen‘s three to send Game 6 of the Finals to overtime was sure to top the list, it would have been great to see his reaction as he headed to the huddle telling the courtside folks what they could do with those ropes they had ready for the trophy presentation in case the Spurs held on to win the championship that night.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 0
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18