Aug 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We all knew what would be coming in at No. 1 on this compilation the folks at the NBA put together of the Miami Heat’s top plays of the 2013 season.
But there were at least a few that had slipped my mind here given all that transpired.
I only have two issues with this clip. The block on Splitter? That should have been higher than sixth. It’s the only play in the entire video that still evokes a visceral reaction, even after seeing it so many times.
And while Ray Allen‘s three to send Game 6 of the Finals to overtime was sure to top the list, it would have been great to see his reaction as he headed to the huddle telling the courtside folks what they could do with those ropes they had ready for the trophy presentation in case the Spurs held on to win the championship that night.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15