Aug 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
We all knew what would be coming in at No. 1 on this compilation the folks at the NBA put together of the Miami Heat’s top plays of the 2013 season.
But there were at least a few that had slipped my mind here given all that transpired.
I only have two issues with this clip. The block on Splitter? That should have been higher than sixth. It’s the only play in the entire video that still evokes a visceral reaction, even after seeing it so many times.
And while Ray Allen‘s three to send Game 6 of the Finals to overtime was sure to top the list, it would have been great to see his reaction as he headed to the huddle telling the courtside folks what they could do with those ropes they had ready for the trophy presentation in case the Spurs held on to win the championship that night.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)