Aug 18, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
We all knew what would be coming in at No. 1 on this compilation the folks at the NBA put together of the Miami Heat’s top plays of the 2013 season.
But there were at least a few that had slipped my mind here given all that transpired.
I only have two issues with this clip. The block on Splitter? That should have been higher than sixth. It’s the only play in the entire video that still evokes a visceral reaction, even after seeing it so many times.
And while Ray Allen‘s three to send Game 6 of the Finals to overtime was sure to top the list, it would have been great to see his reaction as he headed to the huddle telling the courtside folks what they could do with those ropes they had ready for the trophy presentation in case the Spurs held on to win the championship that night.
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clipper’s Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 5
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 11
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9