Aug 18, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
If you ever wondered how come fans are typically not allowed into press conferences to personally address professional athletes and team personnel, let the video clip above serve as Exhibit A.
Credit the Dallas Mavericks for allowing some fan interaction during their presser held last week to introduce all seven of the players the team acquired this summer. But as you can tell by the reactions of the players and even Mark Cuban himself, this particular monologue asking everyone on the podium to take the ‘MFFL Oath’ (that’s Mavs Fan For Life, for the uninitiated) was more than a little unorthodox.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 16
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4