Aug 18, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
If you ever wondered how come fans are typically not allowed into press conferences to personally address professional athletes and team personnel, let the video clip above serve as Exhibit A.
Credit the Dallas Mavericks for allowing some fan interaction during their presser held last week to introduce all seven of the players the team acquired this summer. But as you can tell by the reactions of the players and even Mark Cuban himself, this particular monologue asking everyone on the podium to take the ‘MFFL Oath’ (that’s Mavs Fan For Life, for the uninitiated) was more than a little unorthodox.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61