Aug 18, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
If you ever wondered how come fans are typically not allowed into press conferences to personally address professional athletes and team personnel, let the video clip above serve as Exhibit A.
Credit the Dallas Mavericks for allowing some fan interaction during their presser held last week to introduce all seven of the players the team acquired this summer. But as you can tell by the reactions of the players and even Mark Cuban himself, this particular monologue asking everyone on the podium to take the ‘MFFL Oath’ (that’s Mavs Fan For Life, for the uninitiated) was more than a little unorthodox.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 2
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29