Aug 18, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
If you ever wondered how come fans are typically not allowed into press conferences to personally address professional athletes and team personnel, let the video clip above serve as Exhibit A.
Credit the Dallas Mavericks for allowing some fan interaction during their presser held last week to introduce all seven of the players the team acquired this summer. But as you can tell by the reactions of the players and even Mark Cuban himself, this particular monologue asking everyone on the podium to take the ‘MFFL Oath’ (that’s Mavs Fan For Life, for the uninitiated) was more than a little unorthodox.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 61
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 71
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8