Aug 18, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
If you ever wondered how come fans are typically not allowed into press conferences to personally address professional athletes and team personnel, let the video clip above serve as Exhibit A.
Credit the Dallas Mavericks for allowing some fan interaction during their presser held last week to introduce all seven of the players the team acquired this summer. But as you can tell by the reactions of the players and even Mark Cuban himself, this particular monologue asking everyone on the podium to take the ‘MFFL Oath’ (that’s Mavs Fan For Life, for the uninitiated) was more than a little unorthodox.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 4
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 18
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14