Aug 15, 2013, 11:36 PM EST
But it appears now that Jamison will have to wait until another player decides if he’ll take what the Clippers are offering to pay to fill that roster spot for next season.
Clippers informed former Laker Antawn Jamison team waiting on answer from Lamar Odom as preferred option before Jamison, sources.
Clippers willing to offer Lamar Odom vet. mim. of $1.4 million. Odom would like more, but no team has offered LO anything more.
Odom’s preference is to stay in Los Angeles, but he’d undoubtedly like his next deal to be for more than one season, even if the veteran’s minimum part holds true. But as we’ve detailed here before, Odom isn’t likely to have a ton of choices.
From Jamison’s side, it’s never easy to hear that you’re a team’s second choice — especially if they’ve been stringing you along up until this point.
Free agent F Antawn Jamison was led to believe he was signing with LAC before being told today they preferred Lamar Odom, Y! source said.
It’s a tough situation, although if the Clippers are able to come to terms with Odom, it isn’t like Jamison won’t have other options.
But it’s easy to see why Odom is the first choice here. When mentally engaged, he’s obviously the much more versatile player. As has been the case at varying times throughout his career, the only question will be whether he can sustain that focus over the entire course of the season.
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 3
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 3
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 11
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Report: Kenyon Martin, Metta World Peace had “heated” argument (35)