Aug 15, 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
But it appears now that Jamison will have to wait until another player decides if he’ll take what the Clippers are offering to pay to fill that roster spot for next season.
Clippers informed former Laker Antawn Jamison team waiting on answer from Lamar Odom as preferred option before Jamison, sources.
Clippers willing to offer Lamar Odom vet. mim. of $1.4 million. Odom would like more, but no team has offered LO anything more.
Odom’s preference is to stay in Los Angeles, but he’d undoubtedly like his next deal to be for more than one season, even if the veteran’s minimum part holds true. But as we’ve detailed here before, Odom isn’t likely to have a ton of choices.
From Jamison’s side, it’s never easy to hear that you’re a team’s second choice — especially if they’ve been stringing you along up until this point.
Free agent F Antawn Jamison was led to believe he was signing with LAC before being told today they preferred Lamar Odom, Y! source said.
It’s a tough situation, although if the Clippers are able to come to terms with Odom, it isn’t like Jamison won’t have other options.
But it’s easy to see why Odom is the first choice here. When mentally engaged, he’s obviously the much more versatile player. As has been the case at varying times throughout his career, the only question will be whether he can sustain that focus over the entire course of the season.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 12
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24