Aug 15, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
The NBA formally announced its complete preseason schedule on Thursday, although the league’s individual teams have been making the information public over the past couple of weeks.
Of note is the fact that the preseason will tip off on Oct. 5, with the Oklahoma City Thunder heading to Istanbul to take on Turkish basketball club Fenerbahce Ulker.
It’s the first of an eight-game slate of international games being played in eight different cities. The rest of the dates are as follows:
October 6 Philadelphia @ Bilbao Basket Bizkaia Arena, Bilbao, Spain
October 8 Oklahoma City @ Philadelphia Phones 4u Arena, Manchester, England
October 10 Houston @ Indiana Mall of Asia Arena, Manila, Philippines
October 12 Chicago @ Washington HSBC Arena, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
October 13 Indiana @ Houston Taipei Arena, Taipei, Taiwan
October 15 Golden State @ LA Lakers MasterCard Center, Beijing, China
October 18 LA Lakers @ Golden State Mercedes-Benz Arena, Shanghai, China
All eight international contests will be televised by NBA TV.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 9
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71