Aug 15, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
The NBA formally announced its complete preseason schedule on Thursday, although the league’s individual teams have been making the information public over the past couple of weeks.
Of note is the fact that the preseason will tip off on Oct. 5, with the Oklahoma City Thunder heading to Istanbul to take on Turkish basketball club Fenerbahce Ulker.
It’s the first of an eight-game slate of international games being played in eight different cities. The rest of the dates are as follows:
October 6 Philadelphia @ Bilbao Basket Bizkaia Arena, Bilbao, Spain
October 8 Oklahoma City @ Philadelphia Phones 4u Arena, Manchester, England
October 10 Houston @ Indiana Mall of Asia Arena, Manila, Philippines
October 12 Chicago @ Washington HSBC Arena, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
October 13 Indiana @ Houston Taipei Arena, Taipei, Taiwan
October 15 Golden State @ LA Lakers MasterCard Center, Beijing, China
October 18 LA Lakers @ Golden State Mercedes-Benz Arena, Shanghai, China
All eight international contests will be televised by NBA TV.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13