Aug 15, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
The NBA formally announced its complete preseason schedule on Thursday, although the league’s individual teams have been making the information public over the past couple of weeks.
Of note is the fact that the preseason will tip off on Oct. 5, with the Oklahoma City Thunder heading to Istanbul to take on Turkish basketball club Fenerbahce Ulker.
It’s the first of an eight-game slate of international games being played in eight different cities. The rest of the dates are as follows:
October 6 Philadelphia @ Bilbao Basket Bizkaia Arena, Bilbao, Spain
October 8 Oklahoma City @ Philadelphia Phones 4u Arena, Manchester, England
October 10 Houston @ Indiana Mall of Asia Arena, Manila, Philippines
October 12 Chicago @ Washington HSBC Arena, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
October 13 Indiana @ Houston Taipei Arena, Taipei, Taiwan
October 15 Golden State @ LA Lakers MasterCard Center, Beijing, China
October 18 LA Lakers @ Golden State Mercedes-Benz Arena, Shanghai, China
All eight international contests will be televised by NBA TV.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 2
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7