Aug 15, 2013, 3:17 PM EST
The NBA formally announced its complete preseason schedule on Thursday, although the league’s individual teams have been making the information public over the past couple of weeks.
Of note is the fact that the preseason will tip off on Oct. 5, with the Oklahoma City Thunder heading to Istanbul to take on Turkish basketball club Fenerbahce Ulker.
It’s the first of an eight-game slate of international games being played in eight different cities. The rest of the dates are as follows:
October 6 Philadelphia @ Bilbao Basket Bizkaia Arena, Bilbao, Spain
October 8 Oklahoma City @ Philadelphia Phones 4u Arena, Manchester, England
October 10 Houston @ Indiana Mall of Asia Arena, Manila, Philippines
October 12 Chicago @ Washington HSBC Arena, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
October 13 Indiana @ Houston Taipei Arena, Taipei, Taiwan
October 15 Golden State @ LA Lakers MasterCard Center, Beijing, China
October 18 LA Lakers @ Golden State Mercedes-Benz Arena, Shanghai, China
All eight international contests will be televised by NBA TV.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13