Aug 14, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
We brought you the news that the Lakers would be adding Elias Harris to the roster a couple of weeks back, but the team made the signing of the forward from Gonzaga University official on Wednesday.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but it’s believed to be a one-year minimum deal for $490,180 that’s partially guaranteed, with a team option for a second season.
Harris looked good for the Lakers during the Las Vegas Summer league, where he averaged 10.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.2 steals in 27 minutes per game, while starting in all five of his appearances.
The Lakers roster now stands at 12 players, with the team expected to expand that number to 13 when it signs Ryan Kelly, who was selected with the 48th overall pick in this year’s draft.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 0
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43