Aug 14, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
We brought you the news that the Lakers would be adding Elias Harris to the roster a couple of weeks back, but the team made the signing of the forward from Gonzaga University official on Wednesday.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but it’s believed to be a one-year minimum deal for $490,180 that’s partially guaranteed, with a team option for a second season.
Harris looked good for the Lakers during the Las Vegas Summer league, where he averaged 10.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.2 steals in 27 minutes per game, while starting in all five of his appearances.
The Lakers roster now stands at 12 players, with the team expected to expand that number to 13 when it signs Ryan Kelly, who was selected with the 48th overall pick in this year’s draft.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 13
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31