Aug 14, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
We brought you the news that the Lakers would be adding Elias Harris to the roster a couple of weeks back, but the team made the signing of the forward from Gonzaga University official on Wednesday.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but it’s believed to be a one-year minimum deal for $490,180 that’s partially guaranteed, with a team option for a second season.
Harris looked good for the Lakers during the Las Vegas Summer league, where he averaged 10.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.2 steals in 27 minutes per game, while starting in all five of his appearances.
The Lakers roster now stands at 12 players, with the team expected to expand that number to 13 when it signs Ryan Kelly, who was selected with the 48th overall pick in this year’s draft.
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 0
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 9
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 17
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 41