Aug 14, 2013, 1:17 PM EST
I’m putting my bias out up front — Magic Johnson is my favorite basketball player of all time. He broke the mold (a 6’9″ point guard with those handles?) who transformed the game and helped transform attitudes in society (regarding HIV/AIDS). He played smart basketball and did it with a flourish. There was nobody like him.
Ervin “Magic” Johnson turns 54 today — no small miracle in its own right. Happy birthday to one of the greatest of all time.
As a treat, here is 15 minutes of just him making ridiculous plays. Enjoy.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 4
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 5
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 21
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 9
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)