Aug 14, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
I’m putting my bias out up front — Magic Johnson is my favorite basketball player of all time. He broke the mold (a 6’9″ point guard with those handles?) who transformed the game and helped transform attitudes in society (regarding HIV/AIDS). He played smart basketball and did it with a flourish. There was nobody like him.
Ervin “Magic” Johnson turns 54 today — no small miracle in its own right. Happy birthday to one of the greatest of all time.
As a treat, here is 15 minutes of just him making ridiculous plays. Enjoy.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61