Aug 14, 2013, 1:17 PM EDT
I’m putting my bias out up front — Magic Johnson is my favorite basketball player of all time. He broke the mold (a 6’9″ point guard with those handles?) who transformed the game and helped transform attitudes in society (regarding HIV/AIDS). He played smart basketball and did it with a flourish. There was nobody like him.
Ervin “Magic” Johnson turns 54 today — no small miracle in its own right. Happy birthday to one of the greatest of all time.
As a treat, here is 15 minutes of just him making ridiculous plays. Enjoy.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 5
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 22
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 71
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 53
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 29
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4