Aug 14, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
UPDATE 5:39 p.m.: The family released a statement through a representative confirming that the cause of death was an apparent suicide. Anderson was the one who found Alleman in her home on Monday night, via Today.com.
“The model’s boyfriend, Ryan Anderson, who plays for the NBA’s New Orleans Pelicans, found Allemand in her New Orleans home Monday night and called 911. She was rushed to University Hospital in critical condition and placed on life support.”
“Due to a critical loss of brain and organ function, life support was withdrawn (Wednesday),” the family’s statement read. “Ms. Allemand passed away peacefully with her mother, boyfriend and other life-long friends by her side.”
4:12 p.m.: Gia Allemand, reality television star and girlfriend of the New Orleans Pelicans’ Ryan Anderson, has died at age 29 according to multiple reports.
The 29-year-old model, who appeared on season 14 of the hit reality series [The Bachelor], was taken to University Hospital in New Orleans on Monday night.
According to a rep for the reality star, she was listed in critical condition following a serious emergency medical event, the details of which are currently not known.
We learned of the situation on Tuesday, but no further details of what caused the medical emergency were available then, and none have been released at this time.
The Pelicans acquired Anderson last summer via a sign-and-trade with the Orlando Magic. He averaged 16.2 points and 6.4 rebounds in 30.9 minutes per game in New Orleans this past season.
Our thoughts remain with Anderson and all those close to Allemand.
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 2
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 14
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 16
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17