Aug 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Recently acquired Knick Andrea Bargnani is expected to play with the Italian National team at EuroBasket next month, except right now he is not with the team.
We told you a few days ago a respiratory infection has caused him to miss several tune-up games and more than a week of practice. While he hopes to be back for the Sept. 7 tournament tip off, he’s not sure he can.
You want more details? Bargnani said it was Pneumonia on twitter (in Italian). All he said in English was this.
Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs that even with treatment will take a few weeks to clear up. This has apparently dragged on a little bit, but it shouldn’t impact the Knicks at all, he’ll be fine by camp
The Knick are counting on Bargnani to space the floor and provide a little scoring punch to the bench units. Basically what the Raptors hoped Bargnani would do, but they gave up on that hope.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 27
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25