Aug 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Recently acquired Knick Andrea Bargnani is expected to play with the Italian National team at EuroBasket next month, except right now he is not with the team.
We told you a few days ago a respiratory infection has caused him to miss several tune-up games and more than a week of practice. While he hopes to be back for the Sept. 7 tournament tip off, he’s not sure he can.
You want more details? Bargnani said it was Pneumonia on twitter (in Italian). All he said in English was this.
Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs that even with treatment will take a few weeks to clear up. This has apparently dragged on a little bit, but it shouldn’t impact the Knicks at all, he’ll be fine by camp
The Knick are counting on Bargnani to space the floor and provide a little scoring punch to the bench units. Basically what the Raptors hoped Bargnani would do, but they gave up on that hope.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17