Aug 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Recently acquired Knick Andrea Bargnani is expected to play with the Italian National team at EuroBasket next month, except right now he is not with the team.
We told you a few days ago a respiratory infection has caused him to miss several tune-up games and more than a week of practice. While he hopes to be back for the Sept. 7 tournament tip off, he’s not sure he can.
You want more details? Bargnani said it was Pneumonia on twitter (in Italian). All he said in English was this.
Too bad I can't practice with my national team . I'm at home trying to get better as quick as possible.—
Andrea Bargnani (@AndreaBargnani) August 13, 2013
Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs that even with treatment will take a few weeks to clear up. This has apparently dragged on a little bit, but it shouldn’t impact the Knicks at all, he’ll be fine by camp
The Knick are counting on Bargnani to space the floor and provide a little scoring punch to the bench units. Basically what the Raptors hoped Bargnani would do, but they gave up on that hope.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed to, team to stay in Milwaukee 7
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 17
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14