Aug 14, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Recently acquired Knick Andrea Bargnani is expected to play with the Italian National team at EuroBasket next month, except right now he is not with the team.
We told you a few days ago a respiratory infection has caused him to miss several tune-up games and more than a week of practice. While he hopes to be back for the Sept. 7 tournament tip off, he’s not sure he can.
You want more details? Bargnani said it was Pneumonia on twitter (in Italian). All he said in English was this.
Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs that even with treatment will take a few weeks to clear up. This has apparently dragged on a little bit, but it shouldn’t impact the Knicks at all, he’ll be fine by camp
The Knick are counting on Bargnani to space the floor and provide a little scoring punch to the bench units. Basically what the Raptors hoped Bargnani would do, but they gave up on that hope.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 45
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13