Aug 14, 2013, 10:37 AM EST
Welcome to “The Perks of Celebrity” edition 4,694,397…
Amar’e Stoudemire is taking a few minutes out of getting his knee ready for 20 minutes a game off the bench for the Knicks this season to be a judge at the Miss America Pageant. The event takes place is September in Atlantic City, so you can set your calendar alert now.
If you think this makes Amar’e a big celebrity, look at some of the other B-listers who will be judges: violinist Joshua Bell; comedian Mario Cantone; Shark Tank” investor Barbara Corcoran; chef Carla Hall of “The Chew.”
Stoudemire does have a sense of style… and a really good publicist, apparently. I’d ask what qualifies him to be a pageant judge, but really what qualifies anyone to be a pageant judge? I ask that honestly, I have no idea.
The Miss America Pageant is moving back to it’s longtime home on the Atlantic City Boardwalk after having been in Las Vegas the past six years. Since there were no New Jersey Nets players to get… here we are.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 6
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 11
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 22
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 40
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5