Aug 14, 2013, 10:37 AM EDT
Welcome to “The Perks of Celebrity” edition 4,694,397…
Amar’e Stoudemire is taking a few minutes out of getting his knee ready for 20 minutes a game off the bench for the Knicks this season to be a judge at the Miss America Pageant. The event takes place is September in Atlantic City, so you can set your calendar alert now.
If you think this makes Amar’e a big celebrity, look at some of the other B-listers who will be judges: violinist Joshua Bell; comedian Mario Cantone; Shark Tank” investor Barbara Corcoran; chef Carla Hall of “The Chew.”
Stoudemire does have a sense of style… and a really good publicist, apparently. I’d ask what qualifies him to be a pageant judge, but really what qualifies anyone to be a pageant judge? I ask that honestly, I have no idea.
The Miss America Pageant is moving back to it’s longtime home on the Atlantic City Boardwalk after having been in Las Vegas the past six years. Since there were no New Jersey Nets players to get… here we are.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6