Aug 14, 2013, 10:37 AM EST
Welcome to “The Perks of Celebrity” edition 4,694,397…
Amar’e Stoudemire is taking a few minutes out of getting his knee ready for 20 minutes a game off the bench for the Knicks this season to be a judge at the Miss America Pageant. The event takes place is September in Atlantic City, so you can set your calendar alert now.
If you think this makes Amar’e a big celebrity, look at some of the other B-listers who will be judges: violinist Joshua Bell; comedian Mario Cantone; Shark Tank” investor Barbara Corcoran; chef Carla Hall of “The Chew.”
Stoudemire does have a sense of style… and a really good publicist, apparently. I’d ask what qualifies him to be a pageant judge, but really what qualifies anyone to be a pageant judge? I ask that honestly, I have no idea.
The Miss America Pageant is moving back to it’s longtime home on the Atlantic City Boardwalk after having been in Las Vegas the past six years. Since there were no New Jersey Nets players to get… here we are.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14