Aug 14, 2013, 10:37 AM EDT
Welcome to “The Perks of Celebrity” edition 4,694,397…
Amar’e Stoudemire is taking a few minutes out of getting his knee ready for 20 minutes a game off the bench for the Knicks this season to be a judge at the Miss America Pageant. The event takes place is September in Atlantic City, so you can set your calendar alert now.
If you think this makes Amar’e a big celebrity, look at some of the other B-listers who will be judges: violinist Joshua Bell; comedian Mario Cantone; Shark Tank” investor Barbara Corcoran; chef Carla Hall of “The Chew.”
Stoudemire does have a sense of style… and a really good publicist, apparently. I’d ask what qualifies him to be a pageant judge, but really what qualifies anyone to be a pageant judge? I ask that honestly, I have no idea.
The Miss America Pageant is moving back to it’s longtime home on the Atlantic City Boardwalk after having been in Las Vegas the past six years. Since there were no New Jersey Nets players to get… here we are.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10