Aug 14, 2013, 10:37 AM EDT
Welcome to “The Perks of Celebrity” edition 4,694,397…
Amar’e Stoudemire is taking a few minutes out of getting his knee ready for 20 minutes a game off the bench for the Knicks this season to be a judge at the Miss America Pageant. The event takes place is September in Atlantic City, so you can set your calendar alert now.
If you think this makes Amar’e a big celebrity, look at some of the other B-listers who will be judges: violinist Joshua Bell; comedian Mario Cantone; Shark Tank” investor Barbara Corcoran; chef Carla Hall of “The Chew.”
Stoudemire does have a sense of style… and a really good publicist, apparently. I’d ask what qualifies him to be a pageant judge, but really what qualifies anyone to be a pageant judge? I ask that honestly, I have no idea.
The Miss America Pageant is moving back to it’s longtime home on the Atlantic City Boardwalk after having been in Las Vegas the past six years. Since there were no New Jersey Nets players to get… here we are.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 46
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 58
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17