Aug 13, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
It was kind of expected that Kobe Bryant was done with his Team USA time after London last summer (he’s got two gold medals now), but after his Achilles injury nobody expected him to return.
“I love competing but I will let the young guys play and represent the country,” said Bryant…
“I had my fun playing, just leave the NBA championships to me,” added the two-time NBA Most Valuable Player.
Yes, an NBA championship… good luck with that one this season, Kobe.
The bigger question for Team USA is if LeBron will come back for the 2016 Olympics in Rio. There are doubts, and although Team USA can win without LeBron is just would be easier with him.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 2
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24