Aug 13, 2013, 1:43 PM EST
It was kind of expected that Kobe Bryant was done with his Team USA time after London last summer (he’s got two gold medals now), but after his Achilles injury nobody expected him to return.
“I love competing but I will let the young guys play and represent the country,” said Bryant…
“I had my fun playing, just leave the NBA championships to me,” added the two-time NBA Most Valuable Player.
Yes, an NBA championship… good luck with that one this season, Kobe.
The bigger question for Team USA is if LeBron will come back for the 2016 Olympics in Rio. There are doubts, and although Team USA can win without LeBron is just would be easier with him.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 7
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 41
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 10
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 8
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 15
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5