Aug 13, 2013, 1:43 PM EDT
It was kind of expected that Kobe Bryant was done with his Team USA time after London last summer (he’s got two gold medals now), but after his Achilles injury nobody expected him to return.
“I love competing but I will let the young guys play and represent the country,” said Bryant…
“I had my fun playing, just leave the NBA championships to me,” added the two-time NBA Most Valuable Player.
Yes, an NBA championship… good luck with that one this season, Kobe.
The bigger question for Team USA is if LeBron will come back for the 2016 Olympics in Rio. There are doubts, and although Team USA can win without LeBron is just would be easier with him.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 8
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3