Aug 13, 2013, 1:43 PM EST
It was kind of expected that Kobe Bryant was done with his Team USA time after London last summer (he’s got two gold medals now), but after his Achilles injury nobody expected him to return.
“I love competing but I will let the young guys play and represent the country,” said Bryant…
“I had my fun playing, just leave the NBA championships to me,” added the two-time NBA Most Valuable Player.
Yes, an NBA championship… good luck with that one this season, Kobe.
The bigger question for Team USA is if LeBron will come back for the 2016 Olympics in Rio. There are doubts, and although Team USA can win without LeBron is just would be easier with him.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 0
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 7
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 16
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30