Aug 13, 2013, 8:44 AM EST
Scottie Pippen thinks the Chicago Bulls are going to be very good, very dangerous this season.
In other news, Mick Jagger is old.
Comcast SportsNet Chicago caught up with Pippen at his youth camp and talked about the Bulls, and as you can see above he is high on this team. As he should be — with Derrick Rose back they will be a top three seed in the East. How far they can go in the playoffs remains to be seen, but they will be good.
Here are the money quotes:
“I’m excited [about the upcoming season]. I think going forward we really have a great opportunity to put ourselves among the elite teams in the game. With the emergence of Jimmy Butler—I’ve seen him in the gym this summer—I know that kid is really preparing himself to be a better player.
“I don’t have to say anything about our veterans like Luol [Deng] and [Carlos] Boozer. I know those guys are going to show up in shape ready to go. We all know Derrick spent a lot of time working and trying to get himself back at a high level. If we can stay healthy, we’re going to be an exciting team to watch this season.”
Also, he loves the Mike Dunleavy pickup.
“I think Mike Dunleavy was definitely a great pickup. He’s a kid that I’ve been able to watch grow up in my years out in Portland. I know he’s a gym rat. And he’s definitely going to put in his time and do a great job for us this season.”
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 10
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46