Aug 13, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
Washington has bigs on its roster but nobody they consider a stretch four, and with Nene on the block and the slashing of John Wall into the paint, they need a big to space the floor.
So they went hard after Al Harrington when he became a free agent.
And if he passes his physical on Tuesday, they have got him reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
Passing a physical is not a given — Harrington played in only 10 games last season because a surgery that was to fix a torn meniscus in his left knee turned into a staph infection that kept him out all but 10 games last season.
Harrington has worked hard on his conditioning and says he has dropped 27 pounds. If all of that is true — and if he has returned to anywhere near the form of the guy who averaged 14.2 points a game in Denver two seasons ago — the Wizards will have a good deal for them at the league minimum.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16