Aug 13, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
Washington has bigs on its roster but nobody they consider a stretch four, and with Nene on the block and the slashing of John Wall into the paint, they need a big to space the floor.
So they went hard after Al Harrington when he became a free agent.
And if he passes his physical on Tuesday, they have got him reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
Passing a physical is not a given — Harrington played in only 10 games last season because a surgery that was to fix a torn meniscus in his left knee turned into a staph infection that kept him out all but 10 games last season.
Harrington has worked hard on his conditioning and says he has dropped 27 pounds. If all of that is true — and if he has returned to anywhere near the form of the guy who averaged 14.2 points a game in Denver two seasons ago — the Wizards will have a good deal for them at the league minimum.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 21
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 11
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 3
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 21
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 17
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)