Aug 13, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
Washington has bigs on its roster but nobody they consider a stretch four, and with Nene on the block and the slashing of John Wall into the paint, they need a big to space the floor.
So they went hard after Al Harrington when he became a free agent.
And if he passes his physical on Tuesday, they have got him reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
Passing a physical is not a given — Harrington played in only 10 games last season because a surgery that was to fix a torn meniscus in his left knee turned into a staph infection that kept him out all but 10 games last season.
Harrington has worked hard on his conditioning and says he has dropped 27 pounds. If all of that is true — and if he has returned to anywhere near the form of the guy who averaged 14.2 points a game in Denver two seasons ago — the Wizards will have a good deal for them at the league minimum.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 3
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12