Aug 13, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
Washington has bigs on its roster but nobody they consider a stretch four, and with Nene on the block and the slashing of John Wall into the paint, they need a big to space the floor.
So they went hard after Al Harrington when he became a free agent.
And if he passes his physical on Tuesday, they have got him reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
Passing a physical is not a given — Harrington played in only 10 games last season because a surgery that was to fix a torn meniscus in his left knee turned into a staph infection that kept him out all but 10 games last season.
Harrington has worked hard on his conditioning and says he has dropped 27 pounds. If all of that is true — and if he has returned to anywhere near the form of the guy who averaged 14.2 points a game in Denver two seasons ago — the Wizards will have a good deal for them at the league minimum.
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 1
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 10
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10