Aug 12, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Last season Tracy McGrady started off in China, where he is still a legend and looked the part averaging 25.0 points, 7.2 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game.
Then when that season ended he joined the San Antonio Spurs for the stretch run where he played a limited role (getting mop up duty in just six playoff games) but went all the way to the NBA Finals.
So what is the plan for next season, China or the NBA? He wrote about it on a Chinese social media service.
I’ll be making my decision on playing in the NBA or going back to CBA on my website coming soon
It’s not likely any NBA team would give him a guaranteed deal, and not a lot are going to have much of any role for him. So the question becomes is it better to get a nice paycheck in China or roll the dice you can make one more NBA team?
I guess we’ll find out soon enough, but my guess is he is headed back to China.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3