Aug 12, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Last season Tracy McGrady started off in China, where he is still a legend and looked the part averaging 25.0 points, 7.2 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game.
Then when that season ended he joined the San Antonio Spurs for the stretch run where he played a limited role (getting mop up duty in just six playoff games) but went all the way to the NBA Finals.
So what is the plan for next season, China or the NBA? He wrote about it on a Chinese social media service.
I’ll be making my decision on playing in the NBA or going back to CBA on my website coming soon
It’s not likely any NBA team would give him a guaranteed deal, and not a lot are going to have much of any role for him. So the question becomes is it better to get a nice paycheck in China or roll the dice you can make one more NBA team?
I guess we’ll find out soon enough, but my guess is he is headed back to China.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 18
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24