Aug 12, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Last season Tracy McGrady started off in China, where he is still a legend and looked the part averaging 25.0 points, 7.2 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game.
Then when that season ended he joined the San Antonio Spurs for the stretch run where he played a limited role (getting mop up duty in just six playoff games) but went all the way to the NBA Finals.
So what is the plan for next season, China or the NBA? He wrote about it on a Chinese social media service.
I’ll be making my decision on playing in the NBA or going back to CBA on my website coming soon
It’s not likely any NBA team would give him a guaranteed deal, and not a lot are going to have much of any role for him. So the question becomes is it better to get a nice paycheck in China or roll the dice you can make one more NBA team?
I guess we’ll find out soon enough, but my guess is he is headed back to China.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 37
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5