Aug 12, 2013, 3:43 PM EST
After six seasons in the NBA, Spencer Hawes is viewed by most as a serviceable big man who is capable of averaging just north of 11 points and seven rebounds per game when given more than 27 minutes per contest to do what he does best.
Hawes has never been viewed as a Kevin Durant type capable of scoring at will from anywhere on the floor, or as someone who can dominate offensively, even for brief stretches. But in the video clip above, taken at Jamal Crawford‘s Pro-Am in Seattle this past weekend, Hawes showed a full range of skills and was absolutely unstoppable.
Three-pointers? No problem. Flying dunks in traffic? That too. The one-legged Dirk fadeaway? He had that working, as well.
According to the video’s description from the guys at Ballislife.com, Hawes finished with 58 points on 19-of-30 shooting, while sinking 18 of his 22 free throw attempts. He also hauled down 17 rebounds.
The level of competition matters, of course, and it’s why Durant could drop 63 points at the same event. But we’ve come to expect things like this from Durant. In the case of Hawes, nobody saw this coming.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20