Aug 12, 2013, 3:43 PM EST
After six seasons in the NBA, Spencer Hawes is viewed by most as a serviceable big man who is capable of averaging just north of 11 points and seven rebounds per game when given more than 27 minutes per contest to do what he does best.
Hawes has never been viewed as a Kevin Durant type capable of scoring at will from anywhere on the floor, or as someone who can dominate offensively, even for brief stretches. But in the video clip above, taken at Jamal Crawford‘s Pro-Am in Seattle this past weekend, Hawes showed a full range of skills and was absolutely unstoppable.
Three-pointers? No problem. Flying dunks in traffic? That too. The one-legged Dirk fadeaway? He had that working, as well.
According to the video’s description from the guys at Ballislife.com, Hawes finished with 58 points on 19-of-30 shooting, while sinking 18 of his 22 free throw attempts. He also hauled down 17 rebounds.
The level of competition matters, of course, and it’s why Durant could drop 63 points at the same event. But we’ve come to expect things like this from Durant. In the case of Hawes, nobody saw this coming.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 0
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 5
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29