Aug 12, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
After six seasons in the NBA, Spencer Hawes is viewed by most as a serviceable big man who is capable of averaging just north of 11 points and seven rebounds per game when given more than 27 minutes per contest to do what he does best.
Hawes has never been viewed as a Kevin Durant type capable of scoring at will from anywhere on the floor, or as someone who can dominate offensively, even for brief stretches. But in the video clip above, taken at Jamal Crawford‘s Pro-Am in Seattle this past weekend, Hawes showed a full range of skills and was absolutely unstoppable.
Three-pointers? No problem. Flying dunks in traffic? That too. The one-legged Dirk fadeaway? He had that working, as well.
According to the video’s description from the guys at Ballislife.com, Hawes finished with 58 points on 19-of-30 shooting, while sinking 18 of his 22 free throw attempts. He also hauled down 17 rebounds.
The level of competition matters, of course, and it’s why Durant could drop 63 points at the same event. But we’ve come to expect things like this from Durant. In the case of Hawes, nobody saw this coming.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 0
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10