Aug 12, 2013, 3:43 PM EDT
After six seasons in the NBA, Spencer Hawes is viewed by most as a serviceable big man who is capable of averaging just north of 11 points and seven rebounds per game when given more than 27 minutes per contest to do what he does best.
Hawes has never been viewed as a Kevin Durant type capable of scoring at will from anywhere on the floor, or as someone who can dominate offensively, even for brief stretches. But in the video clip above, taken at Jamal Crawford‘s Pro-Am in Seattle this past weekend, Hawes showed a full range of skills and was absolutely unstoppable.
Three-pointers? No problem. Flying dunks in traffic? That too. The one-legged Dirk fadeaway? He had that working, as well.
According to the video’s description from the guys at Ballislife.com, Hawes finished with 58 points on 19-of-30 shooting, while sinking 18 of his 22 free throw attempts. He also hauled down 17 rebounds.
The level of competition matters, of course, and it’s why Durant could drop 63 points at the same event. But we’ve come to expect things like this from Durant. In the case of Hawes, nobody saw this coming.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 4
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 13
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36