Aug 12, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
Mike Bibby was not in the NBA last season. He had played the season before with the New York Knicks and was unimpressive — 2.9 points a game in the 39 games he got in, with a PER of 7.8. After that he couldn’t land a contract.
But he wants to play one more NBA season, he told the official Kings Blog (owned by the team), after that he plans to coach.
“I’m going to try to play another year. We’ll see what happens. I’ve been working hard all summer, and we’ll see if somebody picks me up…
“(After playing) I might coach. I’ve been coaching my son’s team for six years now, so hopefully that turns out well.”
He might be coaching sooner than planned.
Bibby had a nice 14-year NBA career, and he was on some very good Sacramento Kings teams (that could have, maybe should have toppled the Shaq/Kobe Lakers). But his play his final couple years in Atlanta then with the Knicks is not likely to land him a new contract. Hope he has some success with his second career.
You should read the entire Q&A with Bibby, who said Stephon Marbury was the hardest guy he had to cover.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6