Aug 12, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
Mike Bibby was not in the NBA last season. He had played the season before with the New York Knicks and was unimpressive — 2.9 points a game in the 39 games he got in, with a PER of 7.8. After that he couldn’t land a contract.
But he wants to play one more NBA season, he told the official Kings Blog (owned by the team), after that he plans to coach.
“I’m going to try to play another year. We’ll see what happens. I’ve been working hard all summer, and we’ll see if somebody picks me up…
“(After playing) I might coach. I’ve been coaching my son’s team for six years now, so hopefully that turns out well.”
He might be coaching sooner than planned.
Bibby had a nice 14-year NBA career, and he was on some very good Sacramento Kings teams (that could have, maybe should have toppled the Shaq/Kobe Lakers). But his play his final couple years in Atlanta then with the Knicks is not likely to land him a new contract. Hope he has some success with his second career.
You should read the entire Q&A with Bibby, who said Stephon Marbury was the hardest guy he had to cover.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 62
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31