Aug 12, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
Mike Bibby was not in the NBA last season. He had played the season before with the New York Knicks and was unimpressive — 2.9 points a game in the 39 games he got in, with a PER of 7.8. After that he couldn’t land a contract.
But he wants to play one more NBA season, he told the official Kings Blog (owned by the team), after that he plans to coach.
“I’m going to try to play another year. We’ll see what happens. I’ve been working hard all summer, and we’ll see if somebody picks me up…
“(After playing) I might coach. I’ve been coaching my son’s team for six years now, so hopefully that turns out well.”
He might be coaching sooner than planned.
Bibby had a nice 14-year NBA career, and he was on some very good Sacramento Kings teams (that could have, maybe should have toppled the Shaq/Kobe Lakers). But his play his final couple years in Atlanta then with the Knicks is not likely to land him a new contract. Hope he has some success with his second career.
You should read the entire Q&A with Bibby, who said Stephon Marbury was the hardest guy he had to cover.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 29
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 31
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23