Aug 12, 2013, 10:09 AM EDT
Mike Bibby was not in the NBA last season. He had played the season before with the New York Knicks and was unimpressive — 2.9 points a game in the 39 games he got in, with a PER of 7.8. After that he couldn’t land a contract.
But he wants to play one more NBA season, he told the official Kings Blog (owned by the team), after that he plans to coach.
“I’m going to try to play another year. We’ll see what happens. I’ve been working hard all summer, and we’ll see if somebody picks me up…
“(After playing) I might coach. I’ve been coaching my son’s team for six years now, so hopefully that turns out well.”
He might be coaching sooner than planned.
Bibby had a nice 14-year NBA career, and he was on some very good Sacramento Kings teams (that could have, maybe should have toppled the Shaq/Kobe Lakers). But his play his final couple years in Atlanta then with the Knicks is not likely to land him a new contract. Hope he has some success with his second career.
You should read the entire Q&A with Bibby, who said Stephon Marbury was the hardest guy he had to cover.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 57
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59