Aug 12, 2013, 10:13 PM EDT
When the Rockets announced the hiring of Hakeem Olajuwon shortly after securing the services of Dwight Howard in feee agency, the team said that the Hall of Fame big man would be coming on board to work with the centers on the roster.
We all know that Howard was the target of that particular front office decision.
As dominant as Howard is on the defensive end of the floor, he’s always had somewhat of a limited skill set on the offensive side of things. It hasn’t stopped him from being productive there, necessarily. But a solid foundation of proper footwork to go along with an arsenal of low post moves could turn Howard into the two-way player many have believed he’d one day become.
The process of making that a reality is underway in Houston, and Rockets.com reporter Jason Friedman posted a couple of photos of the teaching session.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 0
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 2
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 21
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33