Aug 12, 2013, 10:13 PM EST
When the Rockets announced the hiring of Hakeem Olajuwon shortly after securing the services of Dwight Howard in feee agency, the team said that the Hall of Fame big man would be coming on board to work with the centers on the roster.
We all know that Howard was the target of that particular front office decision.
As dominant as Howard is on the defensive end of the floor, he’s always had somewhat of a limited skill set on the offensive side of things. It hasn’t stopped him from being productive there, necessarily. But a solid foundation of proper footwork to go along with an arsenal of low post moves could turn Howard into the two-way player many have believed he’d one day become.
The process of making that a reality is underway in Houston, and Rockets.com reporter Jason Friedman posted a couple of photos of the teaching session.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 15
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 36
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 53
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28