Aug 12, 2013, 10:13 PM EDT
When the Rockets announced the hiring of Hakeem Olajuwon shortly after securing the services of Dwight Howard in feee agency, the team said that the Hall of Fame big man would be coming on board to work with the centers on the roster.
We all know that Howard was the target of that particular front office decision.
As dominant as Howard is on the defensive end of the floor, he’s always had somewhat of a limited skill set on the offensive side of things. It hasn’t stopped him from being productive there, necessarily. But a solid foundation of proper footwork to go along with an arsenal of low post moves could turn Howard into the two-way player many have believed he’d one day become.
The process of making that a reality is underway in Houston, and Rockets.com reporter Jason Friedman posted a couple of photos of the teaching session.
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 27
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 27
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 64
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 39
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 31