Aug 12, 2013, 10:13 PM EDT
When the Rockets announced the hiring of Hakeem Olajuwon shortly after securing the services of Dwight Howard in feee agency, the team said that the Hall of Fame big man would be coming on board to work with the centers on the roster.
We all know that Howard was the target of that particular front office decision.
As dominant as Howard is on the defensive end of the floor, he’s always had somewhat of a limited skill set on the offensive side of things. It hasn’t stopped him from being productive there, necessarily. But a solid foundation of proper footwork to go along with an arsenal of low post moves could turn Howard into the two-way player many have believed he’d one day become.
The process of making that a reality is underway in Houston, and Rockets.com reporter Jason Friedman posted a couple of photos of the teaching session.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10