Aug 11, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant spent part of this summer in China on a tour for Nike Basketball, and while he couldn’t actively participate in clinics as he continues to recover from the Achilles surgery he had a few months back, he did spend some time coaching some young players and trying to impress upon them what it takes to separate yourself from the competition.
It starts at 4:00 in the morning, and finishes with Bryant explaining to the players the need to not only practice, but to be mentally present while doing so.
[via HoopsWorld's Steve Kyler]
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 0
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 14
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 8
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 13
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26