Aug 11, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant spent part of this summer in China on a tour for Nike Basketball, and while he couldn’t actively participate in clinics as he continues to recover from the Achilles surgery he had a few months back, he did spend some time coaching some young players and trying to impress upon them what it takes to separate yourself from the competition.
It starts at 4:00 in the morning, and finishes with Bryant explaining to the players the need to not only practice, but to be mentally present while doing so.
[via HoopsWorld's Steve Kyler]
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 6
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 18
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 66
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14