Aug 11, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Kobe Bryant spent part of this summer in China on a tour for Nike Basketball, and while he couldn’t actively participate in clinics as he continues to recover from the Achilles surgery he had a few months back, he did spend some time coaching some young players and trying to impress upon them what it takes to separate yourself from the competition.
It starts at 4:00 in the morning, and finishes with Bryant explaining to the players the need to not only practice, but to be mentally present while doing so.
[via HoopsWorld’s Steve Kyler]
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 0
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 7
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 16
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30