Aug 11, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Kobe Bryant spent part of this summer in China on a tour for Nike Basketball, and while he couldn’t actively participate in clinics as he continues to recover from the Achilles surgery he had a few months back, he did spend some time coaching some young players and trying to impress upon them what it takes to separate yourself from the competition.
It starts at 4:00 in the morning, and finishes with Bryant explaining to the players the need to not only practice, but to be mentally present while doing so.
[via HoopsWorld’s Steve Kyler]
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 14
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 24
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24