Aug 10, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
Michael Jordan will likely go down as the best basketball player to ever play the game. There are likely going to be better athletes that follow in his footsteps of being very good basketball players, but it’s highly unlikely there will be a basketball player that can touch his combination of skillset, will to win and overall ability to effect every game he played in by simply outmatching the competition.
Jordan’s inability to be second best might’ve taken to an unprecedented level on Saturday, though. Earlier in the day, we posted a video of LeBron James pulling around an all-terrain vehicle in his ongoing attempt to take overtake Jordan’s throne. Shortly after posting about that solid bit of athleticism, though, Twitter bestowed upon us a picture of Jordan dunking a basketball.
— Michael Jordan (@MJFlightSchool) August 10, 2013
Yep, that’s His Airness dunking a basketball in jeans at his annual Michael Jordan Flight School basketball camp.
As a reminder, Jordan turned 50 in February and can still dunk wearing jeans. Looking at the photo, however, there are some campers pulling the old McKayla Maroney “not impressed” look — and even others that have their back turned(!) to the greatest player ever(!) dunking a basketball(!) at the age of 50(!) while wearing jeans!
Uh oh. They might’ve all been looking at LeBron’s Instagram, MJ, so maybe you need to do just a bit more to make us forget about LBJ on a random offseason Saturday.
The ball is in your court, Mr. Jordan.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40