LeBron James pulls around off-road vehicles in the offseason

Aug 10, 2013, 7:04 PM EDT

Indiana Pacers v Miami Heat - Game Five Getty Images

LeBron James is known for being quite an amazing athlete, looking like a man among boys as soon as he entered the NBA out of high school and eventually turned into the best current basketball player on the planet.

Some people believe that the freak of an athlete could play professional football and others believe he has time to fit being the head of the NBA player’s union into his busy schedule. Our friend Ben Golliver over at Sports Illustrated believes James might have a different goal in mind, however, after checking out the Miami Heat star’s latest video on Instagram: World’s Strongest Man.

There are probably less successful players not spending their Saturday afternoons pulling around mini vehicles and doing calisthenics, but those players also didn’t recently make the bold claim that James did while in the Philippines:

“I’m still getting better,” LeBron said. “I don’t want to be the same player I was this past season, I want to come into this season a new, improved, better LeBron James. We’ll see what happens, man. But I will come back a better player.”

It’s going to be very difficult for James to achieve such a goal, but maybe doing crazy workouts will allow the best to get better.

1. saint1997 - Aug 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Pfff no biggie. Oh wow – he can pull a car. Get over yourself that’s pretty normal. Why do people worship this guy like a demigod? What else do I have to say to communicate sarcasm?

• tbanks316 - Aug 10, 2013 at 7:23 PM

saint you missed the larger point. The best things comes to those who work for them. This dude could easily be doing anything with his millions of dollars… he could be anywhere in the world or riding around town in some expensive car.

But he’s putting in work to improve. That’s a lesson for us all. Hard work pays.

• legend30 - Aug 10, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Well said.

• saint1997 - Aug 10, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I don’t really think anybody understood I was being sarcastic. For a man of his calibre to be putting in that kind of work it’s pretty amazing

• bnm005 - Aug 10, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Because I’m sure you workout by pulling cars on a regular basis… What else do I have to say to communicate sarcasm?

• saint1997 - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Dude you’re an idiot – learn to read, I was making a joke. Sorry try again later maybe!

• bbngr8 - Aug 10, 2013 at 8:28 PM

@saint1997: How obvious does the article have to be to make you realize its about hard work, not about actually pulling the car??

• saint1997 - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:22 AM

• pnutt1421 - Aug 10, 2013 at 9:05 PM

you just mad that you cant do what lebron is doing enjoy sitting on your couch getting fat you are a hater

• saint1997 - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:23 AM

actually I wrote that SARCASTIC comment while I was walking on my phone, so technically I was burning calories

• brannu23 - Aug 11, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I understood your original sarcasm and found it funny.

People have knee-jerk reactions.

• saint1997 - Sep 4, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Haha thanks man, I weep for future generations if that is their capacity to understand literature

2. 00maltliquor - Aug 10, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Yeah. What tbanks213 said^

3. mtheparrothead - Aug 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Correction, hgh pays. There’s no way you can look at today’s freak athletes and compare them to the build 10-15 years ago and tell me it’s just “hard work”.

• bbngr8 - Aug 10, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Your being a bit selective don’t u think? Your trying to says that the bodies from 10-15 years ago is the norm… Look at bodies from the 70’s & 80’s and then look at the bodies of 90’s athletes and they was bulkier as well. Do some athletes use hgh, probably but I highly doubt every athlete takes them today….. A little far fetched…

• progress2011 - Aug 10, 2013 at 8:34 PM

10-15 Years ago, Yo Momma was watching Richard Simmons do jumping jacks and called that a work-out.

Today’s NBA & NFL workouts make superstar college athletes up-chuck their lunch!

Everyone does not have to take substances to be better….Most of it is HARD WORK !

In other news – Did you hear Dr. Gupta, one of the nations leading healthcare professionals has stated marijuana shows benefits man-made drugs don’t and has apologized for his previous statements and lack of research.

Since we know, hgh helps rebuild muscle, repair tissue and speed the recovery of surgeries…should those persons also remain injured for longer periods due to the same lack of research !

No need to answer….it’s not a question !

• chemus08 - Aug 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Congratulations on making your ignorance public good sir… Continue to live your life in the past and please avoid trying to make general public dumber with your comments.. If any member of the USA basketball team was taking HGH one of two things would have happened, a clearly noticeable loss of weight and muscle depth when they stopped taking it prior to the Olympics or a positive drug test by WADA

• 6thsense79 - Aug 11, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Kids are entering high school bigger and stronger than ever before are you saying they’re on HGH? I graduated from high school in the late 90s and when I did supplements such as creatine were just starting tocatch on. When I was in high sschool it was thought creatine could cause significant health damage and schools did their best to discourage its use. Now coaches encourage it. Some of the high school workout facilities, nutritional plans, and supplements provided to students rivals some college programs. Simply saying HGH doesn’t tell the entire story or even a small portion of the story.

• akronhatesyoulechoke - Aug 11, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Creatine & nutritional plans don’t cause hair loss in your early 20’s, wake up pall.

• Kurt Helin - Sep 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM

There are those of us losing our hair in our early 20s who did not do any roids. It can be genetic.

4. bluflower010 - Aug 10, 2013 at 8:33 PM

LeBron is amazing, move over MJ you’ve been surpassed by the GOAT.

5. Rick Cosmo - Aug 10, 2013 at 8:44 PM

what I like about LeBron’s training regimen is that he rides a bicycle..there would be fewer hamstring injuries if athletes would get out and ride a bike..I was a ski racer who never suffered a serious injury and I never broke my leg and I credit bike training for that

6. jzone954 - Aug 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Keep on keepin on sir
    The entire mindset of the Other NBA teams and players are preventing you from the 3 in a row….

7. sdelmonte - Aug 10, 2013 at 10:07 PM

As long as he doesn’t drive around in them, we’ll be fine.

8. barkleyblows - Aug 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM

PEDs. Just saying

9. program33 - Aug 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Now if only the other Big 2 would follow his lead in some capacity. How much better overall would the Miami Heat be?

10. davidly - Aug 11, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Not to be a Negative Nelly or anything, but this is not the most stable kind of workout that for the lower back. LBJ should–uh, tread lightly.

• lindatoupin - Aug 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I think we’ve all realized at this point that what would break a normal person in half (or at least herniate a disc), seems to have no effect on this man.

• davidly - Sep 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Prior to his “tractor pull” – I’m not familiar with the things he’d already done–outside of being a pro athlete, like his peers–that would break a normal person in half. Superhuman or not, this stunt is not wise–certainly not from a longevity perspective.

• akronhatesyoulechoke - Aug 11, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Not when you’re on PEDs

11. cantonbound13 - Aug 11, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Training to push Diva Wade & Greg Oden’s wheelchairs when their broken down knees give out.

12. akronhatesyoulechoke - Aug 11, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Maybe to train for the season he should carry Diva Wade and Softee Bosh on his back during his workouts.

13. NotoriousKDV - Aug 11, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Pft. Mark Henry pulled a semi. LeBron’s just a poser.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches