Aug 10, 2013, 7:04 PM EDT
LeBron James is known for being quite an amazing athlete, looking like a man among boys as soon as he entered the NBA out of high school and eventually turned into the best current basketball player on the planet.
Some people believe that the freak of an athlete could play professional football and others believe he has time to fit being the head of the NBA player’s union into his busy schedule. Our friend Ben Golliver over at Sports Illustrated believes James might have a different goal in mind, however, after checking out the Miami Heat star’s latest video on Instagram: World’s Strongest Man.
There are probably less successful players not spending their Saturday afternoons pulling around mini vehicles and doing calisthenics, but those players also didn’t recently make the bold claim that James did while in the Philippines:
“I’m still getting better,” LeBron said. “I don’t want to be the same player I was this past season, I want to come into this season a new, improved, better LeBron James. We’ll see what happens, man. But I will come back a better player.”
It’s going to be very difficult for James to achieve such a goal, but maybe doing crazy workouts will allow the best to get better.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 7
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 23
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42