Aug 10, 2013, 12:29 PM EST
Anthony Tolliver reportedly had as many as seven teams interested in his services for the upcoming season, but the free agent forward has apparently decided to take his talents to Charlotte. Tolliver and the Bobcats agreed on a one-year deal Saturday morning, according to Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer, though the former D-League standout wasn’t quite as fun with the announcement as he has been in the past.
The 6-foot-8 forward is averaging a solid 6.1 points and 4.0 rebounds in less than 20 minutes over the course of a winding career, but he’s struggled a bit since starring on the fun 2009-10 Golden State Warriors squad that featured fellow D-League call-ups C.J. Watson, Reggie Williams, Cartier Martin, Chris Hunter and Coby Karl. For a player best known for his ability to stretch the defense, Tolliver is shooting just 29.9 percent on 234 attempts from beyond the arc over the past two seasons — not exactly mind-blowing numbers, unfortunately.
Tolliver has signed more NBA contracts than most likely realize — with Cleveland in 2007; the Spurs in 2008; the Hornets, Heat and Blazers in 2009; two 10-days and then a rest-of-season contract with the Warriors in 2010, followed by a Timberwolves contract that summer and then finally his Hawks contract last year around this time — but he used to be excited about it. Heck, the reason some fans are aware of Tolliver is because of the time he famously spoofed LeBron James‘ Decision with his own Decision Part Deux:
The “decision” to join the Bobcats was made with a lot less fanfare, however, so maybe Tolliver is taking a “been there, done that” approach now that he’s on his 11th NBA contract despite being just 28 years of age.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 1
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20