Aug 9, 2013, 5:46 PM EST
With all of the high-impact free agents spoken for at this point in the offseason, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that a competent role player is drawing interest from multiple teams.
Anthony Tolliver has at least seven teams on the hook, reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida. This is a similar situation to what Tolliver faced last year in the free agent process, before he ultimately landed with the Atlanta Hawks on a one-year deal.
This time around, it’s the Knicks, Magic, Spurs, Lakers, Bobcats, Jazz, and Bulls who are all reported to have some level of interest.
During his visit, Tolliver met with general manager Rod Higgins, coach Steve Clifford and assistant coach Stephen Silas, once his assistant at Golden State. Tolliver said Silas and Bob Weiss, his assistant last year at Atlanta and now a Bobcats assistant, have been pushing for him to come to the Bobcats.
“Charlotte is an intriguing situation because of their roster and everything,’’ Tolliver said.
Tolliver will obviously shop around for a better offer that will guarantee him more dollars or an extra season. But if nothing else comes in, he’ll be a Bobcat next year.
Tolliver is a stretch four who had his best NBA year with the Warriors in 2010, when he averaged 12.3 points and 7.3 rebounds in 32.3 minutes per game that season.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 25
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 2
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 28
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 3
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 36
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10