Aug 9, 2013, 10:20 AM EST
We haven’t touched the Alex Rodriguez suspension on this blog for two reasons: 1) It’s baseball’s issue and this is a basketball blog; 2) The NBA shouldn’t be pointing fingers about PED suspensions until it puts HGH testing in place. Mark Cuban tries to shoot down the HGH debate saying there is no testing to show it helps a baseball or basketball player. We can debate that with specific drugs, however the idea that designer drugs that help athletes quickly recover from workouts — or four games in five nights — would not interest NBA players trying to get multi-million dollar contracts is naive at best. HGH is part of that spectrum.
Anyway, back to the video at hand, outspoken Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was on NBC’s Tonight Show with Jay Leno and ripped Commissioner Bud Selig and the MLB for its handling of the suspension of A-Rod. Like most things Cuban, you can agree or disagree with him but the discussion that flows from his point of view is interesting.
Plenty of people will enjoy the fact Cuban complains Selig runs the MLB like his personal “mafia” when Cuban owns a team in a league run by David Stern, but that’s what the man said.
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 2
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 10
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9