Aug 9, 2013, 10:20 AM EDT
We haven’t touched the Alex Rodriguez suspension on this blog for two reasons: 1) It’s baseball’s issue and this is a basketball blog; 2) The NBA shouldn’t be pointing fingers about PED suspensions until it puts HGH testing in place. Mark Cuban tries to shoot down the HGH debate saying there is no testing to show it helps a baseball or basketball player. We can debate that with specific drugs, however the idea that designer drugs that help athletes quickly recover from workouts — or four games in five nights — would not interest NBA players trying to get multi-million dollar contracts is naive at best. HGH is part of that spectrum.
Anyway, back to the video at hand, outspoken Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was on NBC’s Tonight Show with Jay Leno and ripped Commissioner Bud Selig and the MLB for its handling of the suspension of A-Rod. Like most things Cuban, you can agree or disagree with him but the discussion that flows from his point of view is interesting.
Plenty of people will enjoy the fact Cuban complains Selig runs the MLB like his personal “mafia” when Cuban owns a team in a league run by David Stern, but that’s what the man said.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 23
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49