Aug 8, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Speaking of the Knicks, point guards killed their defense last season. At Knickerblogger they look at how New York might deal with that.
• When the news broke yesterday the Sixers ownership group was looking to buy the NHL’s New Jersey Devils, a few people were asking if the Sixers were in danger of being moved. In a word, no. Would you really move a team out of Philly to Newark?
• Great look at new Memphis coach Dave Joerger, and old-school coaching junkie.
• A former male dancer at Dallas Mavericks has been arrested in conjunction with a series of murders.
• Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin is out of the running for the 76ers head coaching job.
• Alexis Ajinca will return next season to French team SIG Strasbourg.
• Luke Harangody will play next season in Russia with UNICS Kazan.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15