Aug 8, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Speaking of the Knicks, point guards killed their defense last season. At Knickerblogger they look at how New York might deal with that.
• When the news broke yesterday the Sixers ownership group was looking to buy the NHL’s New Jersey Devils, a few people were asking if the Sixers were in danger of being moved. In a word, no. Would you really move a team out of Philly to Newark?
• Great look at new Memphis coach Dave Joerger, and old-school coaching junkie.
• A former male dancer at Dallas Mavericks has been arrested in conjunction with a series of murders.
• Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin is out of the running for the 76ers head coaching job.
• Alexis Ajinca will return next season to French team SIG Strasbourg.
• Luke Harangody will play next season in Russia with UNICS Kazan.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 4
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15