Aug 8, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Speaking of the Knicks, point guards killed their defense last season. At Knickerblogger they look at how New York might deal with that.
• When the news broke yesterday the Sixers ownership group was looking to buy the NHL’s New Jersey Devils, a few people were asking if the Sixers were in danger of being moved. In a word, no. Would you really move a team out of Philly to Newark?
• Great look at new Memphis coach Dave Joerger, and old-school coaching junkie.
• A former male dancer at Dallas Mavericks has been arrested in conjunction with a series of murders.
• Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin is out of the running for the 76ers head coaching job.
• Alexis Ajinca will return next season to French team SIG Strasbourg.
• Luke Harangody will play next season in Russia with UNICS Kazan.
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 8
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)