Aug 8, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Speaking of the Knicks, point guards killed their defense last season. At Knickerblogger they look at how New York might deal with that.
• When the news broke yesterday the Sixers ownership group was looking to buy the NHL’s New Jersey Devils, a few people were asking if the Sixers were in danger of being moved. In a word, no. Would you really move a team out of Philly to Newark?
• Great look at new Memphis coach Dave Joerger, and old-school coaching junkie.
• A former male dancer at Dallas Mavericks has been arrested in conjunction with a series of murders.
• Bulls assistant coach Adrian Griffin is out of the running for the 76ers head coaching job.
• Alexis Ajinca will return next season to French team SIG Strasbourg.
• Luke Harangody will play next season in Russia with UNICS Kazan.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11