No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett talks pressure of position (VIDEO)

Aug 8, 2013, 3:39 PM EDT

Nobody outside the Cleveland war room expected Anthony Bennett to go No. 1 overall, not even Bennett. He admits that to NBC’s own Kay Adams in the latest of our videos out of the rookie photo shoot that took place Tuesday. He says he doesn’t really feel pressure being the top pick and he talks goals for this season.

Bennett landed in a good spot — Kyrie Irving is the star, they have Dion Waiters to space the floor, if he can carve out space inside he’s going to put up some decent numbers. It will be interesting to see how Mike Brown works both him and Anderson Varejao together (the Brazilian should be back for the start of the season.

1. ohiogator - Aug 8, 2013 at 4:36 PM

I like this kids game. I think he’s a great fit for the Cavs.

• shanelsweet - Aug 8, 2013 at 5:58 PM

He looked good in college, but he’s too small and too weak for his position which means he not going to get shots so easy in the NBA. And, he’s been hurt playing 30 games or so a year so I doubt he’ll play anywhere near 82 games in the pros. Of course, it seems to me that most of these “1 and done’s” are getting hurt (although I have no research to back up that claim) He’ll be a good option off of the bench when LeBron returns.

• slowclyde86 - Aug 9, 2013 at 11:21 AM

“I have no research to back up that claim”…No, no you don’t.

2. brotherlove2012 - Aug 8, 2013 at 10:28 PM

6’7″ , 239 lbs with a 7’1″ wingspan,. I hatdly call that weak and/or small for a 3 … I could be wrong though.

• sire2334 - Aug 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM

He’s not small for a 3 but is that the position he’s going to play? If so he should do well on the offensive side but this guy can guard NBA 3’s. That’s the problem. So then you switch him to 4. Now we’re in the discussion of him being too small.

Either way, I think he’ll do well. I wanted him over Otto on the Wizards. I just don’t think he’s anywhere near a slam dunk future all-star which is what you would hope for the 1st overall pick.

By the way…still waiting on YOU Wall.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches