Aug 8, 2013, 3:39 PM EST
Nobody outside the Cleveland war room expected Anthony Bennett to go No. 1 overall, not even Bennett. He admits that to NBC’s own Kay Adams in the latest of our videos out of the rookie photo shoot that took place Tuesday. He says he doesn’t really feel pressure being the top pick and he talks goals for this season.
Bennett landed in a good spot — Kyrie Irving is the star, they have Dion Waiters to space the floor, if he can carve out space inside he’s going to put up some decent numbers. It will be interesting to see how Mike Brown works both him and Anderson Varejao together (the Brazilian should be back for the start of the season.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 9
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16