Aug 8, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
UPDATE 11:42 am: LeBron did indeed show up at the Summit County Courthouse near Akron for Jury duty, but he was not selected (shocking) and was set home with the rest of the jurors at 10:30 a.m., reports the Akron Beacon-Journal.
11:17 am: The odds of LeBron James actually getting put on a jury is about the same as Emily Ratajkowski calling to see what I’m up to tonight…
Nonetheless, nobody gets out of jury duty.
Much like getting the car registered or paying taxes, there are certain parts of the bureaucracy, certain parts of our civic duty nobody gets out of. Not LeBron, not anyone.
But again, expect the courthouse to let him go by lunch. He’s not going to be on a slip-and-fall civil case jury.
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 33
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 35
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 16
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26