Aug 8, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
UPDATE 11:42 am: LeBron did indeed show up at the Summit County Courthouse near Akron for Jury duty, but he was not selected (shocking) and was set home with the rest of the jurors at 10:30 a.m., reports the Akron Beacon-Journal.
11:17 am: The odds of LeBron James actually getting put on a jury is about the same as Emily Ratajkowski calling to see what I’m up to tonight…
Nonetheless, nobody gets out of jury duty.
Much like getting the car registered or paying taxes, there are certain parts of the bureaucracy, certain parts of our civic duty nobody gets out of. Not LeBron, not anyone.
But again, expect the courthouse to let him go by lunch. He’s not going to be on a slip-and-fall civil case jury.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8