Aug 8, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
UPDATE 11:42 am: LeBron did indeed show up at the Summit County Courthouse near Akron for Jury duty, but he was not selected (shocking) and was set home with the rest of the jurors at 10:30 a.m., reports the Akron Beacon-Journal.
11:17 am: The odds of LeBron James actually getting put on a jury is about the same as Emily Ratajkowski calling to see what I’m up to tonight…
Nonetheless, nobody gets out of jury duty.
Much like getting the car registered or paying taxes, there are certain parts of the bureaucracy, certain parts of our civic duty nobody gets out of. Not LeBron, not anyone.
But again, expect the courthouse to let him go by lunch. He’s not going to be on a slip-and-fall civil case jury.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 17
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 30
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85