Aug 8, 2013, 11:17 AM EST
UPDATE 11:42 am: LeBron did indeed show up at the Summit County Courthouse near Akron for Jury duty, but he was not selected (shocking) and was set home with the rest of the jurors at 10:30 a.m., reports the Akron Beacon-Journal.
11:17 am: The odds of LeBron James actually getting put on a jury is about the same as Emily Ratajkowski calling to see what I’m up to tonight…
Nonetheless, nobody gets out of jury duty.
Much like getting the car registered or paying taxes, there are certain parts of the bureaucracy, certain parts of our civic duty nobody gets out of. Not LeBron, not anyone.
But again, expect the courthouse to let him go by lunch. He’s not going to be on a slip-and-fall civil case jury.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 3
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 11
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)