Aug 8, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Except the lawyers.
Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade could end up paying $10 million in legal bills for his divorce. Two of the dozen or so lawyers in two states involved with Wade’s split from high school sweetheart Siohvaughn Funches tell Gossip Extra that the past few months in the six-year battle would undoubtedly make the meter reach that figure.
“We were at about $8 million last year,” said one lawyer who asked not to be named. “He’s paying more for lawyers than what he is paying his wife for the settlement.”
He’s paying his wife $5 million in the settlement.
Yes, Wade made $17.2 million in salary last season alone, that’s still $15 million in settlement and legal fees from the divorce. That is a lot of money, no matter who you are. Even a lawyer.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 8
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10