Aug 8, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Except the lawyers.
Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade could end up paying $10 million in legal bills for his divorce. Two of the dozen or so lawyers in two states involved with Wade’s split from high school sweetheart Siohvaughn Funches tell Gossip Extra that the past few months in the six-year battle would undoubtedly make the meter reach that figure.
“We were at about $8 million last year,” said one lawyer who asked not to be named. “He’s paying more for lawyers than what he is paying his wife for the settlement.”
He’s paying his wife $5 million in the settlement.
Yes, Wade made $17.2 million in salary last season alone, that’s still $15 million in settlement and legal fees from the divorce. That is a lot of money, no matter who you are. Even a lawyer.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 0
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 3
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 5
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 4
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 14