Aug 8, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Except the lawyers.
Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade could end up paying $10 million in legal bills for his divorce. Two of the dozen or so lawyers in two states involved with Wade’s split from high school sweetheart Siohvaughn Funches tell Gossip Extra that the past few months in the six-year battle would undoubtedly make the meter reach that figure.
“We were at about $8 million last year,” said one lawyer who asked not to be named. “He’s paying more for lawyers than what he is paying his wife for the settlement.”
He’s paying his wife $5 million in the settlement.
Yes, Wade made $17.2 million in salary last season alone, that’s still $15 million in settlement and legal fees from the divorce. That is a lot of money, no matter who you are. Even a lawyer.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 46
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 64
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 39
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3