Aug 8, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
Except the lawyers.
Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade could end up paying $10 million in legal bills for his divorce. Two of the dozen or so lawyers in two states involved with Wade’s split from high school sweetheart Siohvaughn Funches tell Gossip Extra that the past few months in the six-year battle would undoubtedly make the meter reach that figure.
“We were at about $8 million last year,” said one lawyer who asked not to be named. “He’s paying more for lawyers than what he is paying his wife for the settlement.”
He’s paying his wife $5 million in the settlement.
Yes, Wade made $17.2 million in salary last season alone, that’s still $15 million in settlement and legal fees from the divorce. That is a lot of money, no matter who you are. Even a lawyer.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)