Aug 8, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Except the lawyers.
Miami Heat superstar Dwyane Wade could end up paying $10 million in legal bills for his divorce. Two of the dozen or so lawyers in two states involved with Wade’s split from high school sweetheart Siohvaughn Funches tell Gossip Extra that the past few months in the six-year battle would undoubtedly make the meter reach that figure.
“We were at about $8 million last year,” said one lawyer who asked not to be named. “He’s paying more for lawyers than what he is paying his wife for the settlement.”
He’s paying his wife $5 million in the settlement.
Yes, Wade made $17.2 million in salary last season alone, that’s still $15 million in settlement and legal fees from the divorce. That is a lot of money, no matter who you are. Even a lawyer.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 4
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10