Aug 8, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
I’ll admit that I didn’t really like Cody Zeller going at No. 4 to the Bobcats (soon to be Hornets) when it happened in the draft, that seemed too high. It may still be. But he looked good at Summer League, he was more comfortable away from the basket than I had expected having only seen him play at Indiana (where he seemed anchored in the post). He could be a good fit in Charlotte, where he also could become the young face of the franchise (Michael Kidd-Gilchrist never really grabbed that role).
Our own Kay Adams was at the rookie photo card shoot Tuesday and talked with Zeller about playing for Michael Jordan — Zeller doesn’t think he could beat him one-on-one — and having brothers already in the NBA.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65