Aug 8, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
I’ll admit that I didn’t really like Cody Zeller going at No. 4 to the Bobcats (soon to be Hornets) when it happened in the draft, that seemed too high. It may still be. But he looked good at Summer League, he was more comfortable away from the basket than I had expected having only seen him play at Indiana (where he seemed anchored in the post). He could be a good fit in Charlotte, where he also could become the young face of the franchise (Michael Kidd-Gilchrist never really grabbed that role).
Our own Kay Adams was at the rookie photo card shoot Tuesday and talked with Zeller about playing for Michael Jordan — Zeller doesn’t think he could beat him one-on-one — and having brothers already in the NBA.
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 0
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 6
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25