Aug 8, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
I’ll admit that I didn’t really like Cody Zeller going at No. 4 to the Bobcats (soon to be Hornets) when it happened in the draft, that seemed too high. It may still be. But he looked good at Summer League, he was more comfortable away from the basket than I had expected having only seen him play at Indiana (where he seemed anchored in the post). He could be a good fit in Charlotte, where he also could become the young face of the franchise (Michael Kidd-Gilchrist never really grabbed that role).
Our own Kay Adams was at the rookie photo card shoot Tuesday and talked with Zeller about playing for Michael Jordan — Zeller doesn’t think he could beat him one-on-one — and having brothers already in the NBA.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13