Aug 8, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
I’ll admit that I didn’t really like Cody Zeller going at No. 4 to the Bobcats (soon to be Hornets) when it happened in the draft, that seemed too high. It may still be. But he looked good at Summer League, he was more comfortable away from the basket than I had expected having only seen him play at Indiana (where he seemed anchored in the post). He could be a good fit in Charlotte, where he also could become the young face of the franchise (Michael Kidd-Gilchrist never really grabbed that role).
Our own Kay Adams was at the rookie photo card shoot Tuesday and talked with Zeller about playing for Michael Jordan — Zeller doesn’t think he could beat him one-on-one — and having brothers already in the NBA.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 2
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 7
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33