Aug 8, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
I’ll admit that I didn’t really like Cody Zeller going at No. 4 to the Bobcats (soon to be Hornets) when it happened in the draft, that seemed too high. It may still be. But he looked good at Summer League, he was more comfortable away from the basket than I had expected having only seen him play at Indiana (where he seemed anchored in the post). He could be a good fit in Charlotte, where he also could become the young face of the franchise (Michael Kidd-Gilchrist never really grabbed that role).
Our own Kay Adams was at the rookie photo card shoot Tuesday and talked with Zeller about playing for Michael Jordan — Zeller doesn’t think he could beat him one-on-one — and having brothers already in the NBA.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 18
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 45
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23