Aug 8, 2013, 1:33 PM EST
This should have no impact on his upcoming season with the Knicks, although maybe it should serve as a reminder he has missed. 26, 35 and 47 games the past three seasons.
Italian forward Andrea Bargnani could miss EuroBasket, according to a tweet from Italian basketball writer Andrea Barocci (via Hoopshype). He has missed the last couple tune-up games for Italy as they head to the Sept. 7 EuroBasket tip off, and he is expected to miss more.
This should be cleared up by the time training camp starts.
The Knicks acquired Andrea Bargnani this off-season in a trade with the Raptors, giving them a what they hope is a quality stretch four who can do a few other things to help out the team.
Normally this is where I recap what I think of the Knicks getting Bargnani, but I think his level of play will sum everything up quickly. Knicks fans will relate to Raptors fans on this soon enough.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 22
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18