Aug 8, 2013, 1:33 PM EST
This should have no impact on his upcoming season with the Knicks, although maybe it should serve as a reminder he has missed. 26, 35 and 47 games the past three seasons.
Italian forward Andrea Bargnani could miss EuroBasket, according to a tweet from Italian basketball writer Andrea Barocci (via Hoopshype). He has missed the last couple tune-up games for Italy as they head to the Sept. 7 EuroBasket tip off, and he is expected to miss more.
This should be cleared up by the time training camp starts.
The Knicks acquired Andrea Bargnani this off-season in a trade with the Raptors, giving them a what they hope is a quality stretch four who can do a few other things to help out the team.
Normally this is where I recap what I think of the Knicks getting Bargnani, but I think his level of play will sum everything up quickly. Knicks fans will relate to Raptors fans on this soon enough.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42