Aug 8, 2013, 1:33 PM EST
This should have no impact on his upcoming season with the Knicks, although maybe it should serve as a reminder he has missed. 26, 35 and 47 games the past three seasons.
Italian forward Andrea Bargnani could miss EuroBasket, according to a tweet from Italian basketball writer Andrea Barocci (via Hoopshype). He has missed the last couple tune-up games for Italy as they head to the Sept. 7 EuroBasket tip off, and he is expected to miss more.
This should be cleared up by the time training camp starts.
The Knicks acquired Andrea Bargnani this off-season in a trade with the Raptors, giving them a what they hope is a quality stretch four who can do a few other things to help out the team.
Normally this is where I recap what I think of the Knicks getting Bargnani, but I think his level of play will sum everything up quickly. Knicks fans will relate to Raptors fans on this soon enough.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)