Aug 8, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
Which teams will log the most flight miles next season?
One of the smartest follows in the NBA twitterverse is @EdKupfer — a great stats guy who knows the game and loves to put things into graphics.
Now that the schedule is released, he figured out how many flight miles each NBA team was going to have to fly this year and put it in a nice little graph for the rest of us to be able to understand.
It makes sense that the West Coast and Midwest teams travel the most — the Knicks, Nets, Celtics and Sixers barely have to travel to face each other. Meanwhile if you are Portland or Minnesota there are no close teams.
How much this really impacts wins and losses is up for debate (that is more about back-to-backs, and four games in five nights stretches). But it is interesting. Thanks Ed.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 1
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 6
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43