Aug 8, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
Which teams will log the most flight miles next season?
One of the smartest follows in the NBA twitterverse is @EdKupfer — a great stats guy who knows the game and loves to put things into graphics.
Now that the schedule is released, he figured out how many flight miles each NBA team was going to have to fly this year and put it in a nice little graph for the rest of us to be able to understand.
It makes sense that the West Coast and Midwest teams travel the most — the Knicks, Nets, Celtics and Sixers barely have to travel to face each other. Meanwhile if you are Portland or Minnesota there are no close teams.
How much this really impacts wins and losses is up for debate (that is more about back-to-backs, and four games in five nights stretches). But it is interesting. Thanks Ed.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)