Aug 8, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
Which teams will log the most flight miles next season?
One of the smartest follows in the NBA twitterverse is @EdKupfer — a great stats guy who knows the game and loves to put things into graphics.
Now that the schedule is released, he figured out how many flight miles each NBA team was going to have to fly this year and put it in a nice little graph for the rest of us to be able to understand.
It makes sense that the West Coast and Midwest teams travel the most — the Knicks, Nets, Celtics and Sixers barely have to travel to face each other. Meanwhile if you are Portland or Minnesota there are no close teams.
How much this really impacts wins and losses is up for debate (that is more about back-to-backs, and four games in five nights stretches). But it is interesting. Thanks Ed.
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 0
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 16
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32