Aug 8, 2013, 1:15 PM EDT
Which teams will log the most flight miles next season?
One of the smartest follows in the NBA twitterverse is @EdKupfer — a great stats guy who knows the game and loves to put things into graphics.
Now that the schedule is released, he figured out how many flight miles each NBA team was going to have to fly this year and put it in a nice little graph for the rest of us to be able to understand.
It makes sense that the West Coast and Midwest teams travel the most — the Knicks, Nets, Celtics and Sixers barely have to travel to face each other. Meanwhile if you are Portland or Minnesota there are no close teams.
How much this really impacts wins and losses is up for debate (that is more about back-to-backs, and four games in five nights stretches). But it is interesting. Thanks Ed.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9