Aug 8, 2013, 1:15 PM EST
Which teams will log the most flight miles next season?
One of the smartest follows in the NBA twitterverse is @EdKupfer — a great stats guy who knows the game and loves to put things into graphics.
Now that the schedule is released, he figured out how many flight miles each NBA team was going to have to fly this year and put it in a nice little graph for the rest of us to be able to understand.
It makes sense that the West Coast and Midwest teams travel the most — the Knicks, Nets, Celtics and Sixers barely have to travel to face each other. Meanwhile if you are Portland or Minnesota there are no close teams.
How much this really impacts wins and losses is up for debate (that is more about back-to-backs, and four games in five nights stretches). But it is interesting. Thanks Ed.
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 18
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 7
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25