Aug 7, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
On the right, that’s Victor Oladipo, the first round pick of the Magic out Indiana, who has some real promise as part of the rebuilding going on in Florida. That is the Oladipo who was posterizing his fellow rookies and likes to wear Google Glass.
On the left, that’s Kay Adams, who you certainly know best from her most prestigious gig as the lady talking with me when we do PBT Extra, but you may have seen her on NBC Sports Network’s “Crossover” or maybe you know her from her regular show on NBC Sports Radio.
She was at the rookie photo shoot in New York (where there were dunks and some good art) where she caught up with Oladipo, who had a good answer to what is different now — not him but how the people around him act. That’s a mature answer. That sounds like a guy who gets it and has his head on right.
We’ve got more from Kay at rookie day coming up.
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 0
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 28