Aug 7, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
On the right, that’s Victor Oladipo, the first round pick of the Magic out Indiana, who has some real promise as part of the rebuilding going on in Florida. That is the Oladipo who was posterizing his fellow rookies and likes to wear Google Glass.
On the left, that’s Kay Adams, who you certainly know best from her most prestigious gig as the lady talking with me when we do PBT Extra, but you may have seen her on NBC Sports Network’s “Crossover” or maybe you know her from her regular show on NBC Sports Radio.
She was at the rookie photo shoot in New York (where there were dunks and some good art) where she caught up with Oladipo, who had a good answer to what is different now — not him but how the people around him act. That’s a mature answer. That sounds like a guy who gets it and has his head on right.
We’ve got more from Kay at rookie day coming up.
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 0
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 2
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 11
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 14
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)