Aug 7, 2013, 8:02 PM EST
On NBC Sports Network’s The Crossover, Michelle Beadle sat down with CNBC’s Carl Quintanilla to discuss the impact that Twitter has had on the NBA.
It’s actually been fairly staggering.
With two-thirds of its players on Twitter, the NBA is the No. 1 sports league on social media or as the NBA’s senior vice president of marketing, Melissa Rosenthal Brenner, puts it, “We have over 400 million fans and followers so in terms of a population of a country, we’d be the third-largest country on earth after China and India.”
For more on the subject, check out “Twitter Revolution” Wednesday night at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CNBC.
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 0
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 7
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 37
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 28