Aug 7, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
On NBC Sports Network’s The Crossover, Michelle Beadle sat down with CNBC’s Carl Quintanilla to discuss the impact that Twitter has had on the NBA.
It’s actually been fairly staggering.
With two-thirds of its players on Twitter, the NBA is the No. 1 sports league on social media or as the NBA’s senior vice president of marketing, Melissa Rosenthal Brenner, puts it, “We have over 400 million fans and followers so in terms of a population of a country, we’d be the third-largest country on earth after China and India.”
For more on the subject, check out “Twitter Revolution” Wednesday night at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CNBC.
- Monday NBA playoff previews: Expect a different looking Clippers/Warriors game. 0
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 2
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 14
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 16
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 19