Aug 7, 2013, 8:02 PM EST
On NBC Sports Network’s The Crossover, Michelle Beadle sat down with CNBC’s Carl Quintanilla to discuss the impact that Twitter has had on the NBA.
It’s actually been fairly staggering.
With two-thirds of its players on Twitter, the NBA is the No. 1 sports league on social media or as the NBA’s senior vice president of marketing, Melissa Rosenthal Brenner, puts it, “We have over 400 million fans and followers so in terms of a population of a country, we’d be the third-largest country on earth after China and India.”
For more on the subject, check out “Twitter Revolution” Wednesday night at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CNBC.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 0
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 0
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 2
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 22
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9