Aug 7, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
On NBC Sports Network’s The Crossover, Michelle Beadle sat down with CNBC’s Carl Quintanilla to discuss the impact that Twitter has had on the NBA.
It’s actually been fairly staggering.
With two-thirds of its players on Twitter, the NBA is the No. 1 sports league on social media or as the NBA’s senior vice president of marketing, Melissa Rosenthal Brenner, puts it, “We have over 400 million fans and followers so in terms of a population of a country, we’d be the third-largest country on earth after China and India.”
For more on the subject, check out “Twitter Revolution” Wednesday night at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CNBC.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30