Aug 7, 2013, 8:02 PM EDT
On NBC Sports Network’s The Crossover, Michelle Beadle sat down with CNBC’s Carl Quintanilla to discuss the impact that Twitter has had on the NBA.
It’s actually been fairly staggering.
With two-thirds of its players on Twitter, the NBA is the No. 1 sports league on social media or as the NBA’s senior vice president of marketing, Melissa Rosenthal Brenner, puts it, “We have over 400 million fans and followers so in terms of a population of a country, we’d be the third-largest country on earth after China and India.”
For more on the subject, check out “Twitter Revolution” Wednesday night at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CNBC.
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 2
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 9
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 16
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 18
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 13