Aug 7, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Detroit has potentially one of the best front lines in the NBA — Andre Drummond at the five, Greg Monroe at the four and Josh Smith at the three. That’s a bunch of guys who can score at a high rate, once they get inside five feet from the rim.
But the team could use a little depth behind that group. Unless you’re a big Charlie Villanueva fan.
“I don’t foresee us doing anymore big moves,” Dumars said. “I might do something smaller. With signing Peyton Siva yesterday, we have 14 roster spots, and so we’ll probably look at filling the last spot with a front-court guy.”
Problem is, pickings right now are pretty slim. Probably the best guy on the market is Cole Aldrich, there also is Johan Petro. If you want a veteran there is Jason Collins. But none of those guys are people you want to give a lot of minutes to.
Still, something to watch.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27