Aug 7, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Detroit has potentially one of the best front lines in the NBA — Andre Drummond at the five, Greg Monroe at the four and Josh Smith at the three. That’s a bunch of guys who can score at a high rate, once they get inside five feet from the rim.
But the team could use a little depth behind that group. Unless you’re a big Charlie Villanueva fan.
“I don’t foresee us doing anymore big moves,” Dumars said. “I might do something smaller. With signing Peyton Siva yesterday, we have 14 roster spots, and so we’ll probably look at filling the last spot with a front-court guy.”
Problem is, pickings right now are pretty slim. Probably the best guy on the market is Cole Aldrich, there also is Johan Petro. If you want a veteran there is Jason Collins. But none of those guys are people you want to give a lot of minutes to.
Still, something to watch.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10