Aug 7, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Detroit has potentially one of the best front lines in the NBA — Andre Drummond at the five, Greg Monroe at the four and Josh Smith at the three. That’s a bunch of guys who can score at a high rate, once they get inside five feet from the rim.
But the team could use a little depth behind that group. Unless you’re a big Charlie Villanueva fan.
“I don’t foresee us doing anymore big moves,” Dumars said. “I might do something smaller. With signing Peyton Siva yesterday, we have 14 roster spots, and so we’ll probably look at filling the last spot with a front-court guy.”
Problem is, pickings right now are pretty slim. Probably the best guy on the market is Cole Aldrich, there also is Johan Petro. If you want a veteran there is Jason Collins. But none of those guys are people you want to give a lot of minutes to.
Still, something to watch.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 21
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14