Aug 7, 2013, 11:41 AM EST
Detroit has potentially one of the best front lines in the NBA — Andre Drummond at the five, Greg Monroe at the four and Josh Smith at the three. That’s a bunch of guys who can score at a high rate, once they get inside five feet from the rim.
But the team could use a little depth behind that group. Unless you’re a big Charlie Villanueva fan.
“I don’t foresee us doing anymore big moves,” Dumars said. “I might do something smaller. With signing Peyton Siva yesterday, we have 14 roster spots, and so we’ll probably look at filling the last spot with a front-court guy.”
Problem is, pickings right now are pretty slim. Probably the best guy on the market is Cole Aldrich, there also is Johan Petro. If you want a veteran there is Jason Collins. But none of those guys are people you want to give a lot of minutes to.
Still, something to watch.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 10
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14