Aug 7, 2013, 11:41 AM EST
Detroit has potentially one of the best front lines in the NBA — Andre Drummond at the five, Greg Monroe at the four and Josh Smith at the three. That’s a bunch of guys who can score at a high rate, once they get inside five feet from the rim.
But the team could use a little depth behind that group. Unless you’re a big Charlie Villanueva fan.
“I don’t foresee us doing anymore big moves,” Dumars said. “I might do something smaller. With signing Peyton Siva yesterday, we have 14 roster spots, and so we’ll probably look at filling the last spot with a front-court guy.”
Problem is, pickings right now are pretty slim. Probably the best guy on the market is Cole Aldrich, there also is Johan Petro. If you want a veteran there is Jason Collins. But none of those guys are people you want to give a lot of minutes to.
Still, something to watch.
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 1
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 7
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 24