Aug 7, 2013, 11:41 AM EST
Detroit has potentially one of the best front lines in the NBA — Andre Drummond at the five, Greg Monroe at the four and Josh Smith at the three. That’s a bunch of guys who can score at a high rate, once they get inside five feet from the rim.
But the team could use a little depth behind that group. Unless you’re a big Charlie Villanueva fan.
“I don’t foresee us doing anymore big moves,” Dumars said. “I might do something smaller. With signing Peyton Siva yesterday, we have 14 roster spots, and so we’ll probably look at filling the last spot with a front-court guy.”
Problem is, pickings right now are pretty slim. Probably the best guy on the market is Cole Aldrich, there also is Johan Petro. If you want a veteran there is Jason Collins. But none of those guys are people you want to give a lot of minutes to.
Still, something to watch.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 6
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 1
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 15
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 23
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 19