Aug 6, 2013, 5:56 PM EST
Jared Sullinger should be back and ready to go for Boston’s training camp.
Sullinger was having a solid rookie season for the Celtics — 6 points and 5.9 rebounds a game, a PER of 13.5 — and was showing some promise, when he needed back surgery. It wasn’t a huge shock — he had fallen in the draft after being red flagged before the draft. But it meant the end of the season for him.
Now he is ready to go again, reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe.
Sullinger is not a future NBA star, but he can be a quality rotation big who can help the Celtics this year and in future years. He’s got a smart below-the-rim game, he can get off his shot and make plays.
Whether he sticks as a Celtic long term or is an asset moved in the rebuilding process, it will be good for Boston to have him back.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 42
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8