Aug 6, 2013, 5:56 PM EST
Jared Sullinger should be back and ready to go for Boston’s training camp.
Sullinger was having a solid rookie season for the Celtics — 6 points and 5.9 rebounds a game, a PER of 13.5 — and was showing some promise, when he needed back surgery. It wasn’t a huge shock — he had fallen in the draft after being red flagged before the draft. But it meant the end of the season for him.
Now he is ready to go again, reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe.
Sullinger is not a future NBA star, but he can be a quality rotation big who can help the Celtics this year and in future years. He’s got a smart below-the-rim game, he can get off his shot and make plays.
Whether he sticks as a Celtic long term or is an asset moved in the rebuilding process, it will be good for Boston to have him back.
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 3
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13