Aug 6, 2013, 5:56 PM EDT
Jared Sullinger should be back and ready to go for Boston’s training camp.
Sullinger was having a solid rookie season for the Celtics — 6 points and 5.9 rebounds a game, a PER of 13.5 — and was showing some promise, when he needed back surgery. It wasn’t a huge shock — he had fallen in the draft after being red flagged before the draft. But it meant the end of the season for him.
Now he is ready to go again, reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe.
Sullinger is not a future NBA star, but he can be a quality rotation big who can help the Celtics this year and in future years. He’s got a smart below-the-rim game, he can get off his shot and make plays.
Whether he sticks as a Celtic long term or is an asset moved in the rebuilding process, it will be good for Boston to have him back.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29