Aug 6, 2013, 5:56 PM EST
Jared Sullinger should be back and ready to go for Boston’s training camp.
Sullinger was having a solid rookie season for the Celtics — 6 points and 5.9 rebounds a game, a PER of 13.5 — and was showing some promise, when he needed back surgery. It wasn’t a huge shock — he had fallen in the draft after being red flagged before the draft. But it meant the end of the season for him.
Now he is ready to go again, reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe.
Sullinger is not a future NBA star, but he can be a quality rotation big who can help the Celtics this year and in future years. He’s got a smart below-the-rim game, he can get off his shot and make plays.
Whether he sticks as a Celtic long term or is an asset moved in the rebuilding process, it will be good for Boston to have him back.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)