Aug 6, 2013, 5:56 PM EDT
Jared Sullinger should be back and ready to go for Boston’s training camp.
Sullinger was having a solid rookie season for the Celtics — 6 points and 5.9 rebounds a game, a PER of 13.5 — and was showing some promise, when he needed back surgery. It wasn’t a huge shock — he had fallen in the draft after being red flagged before the draft. But it meant the end of the season for him.
Now he is ready to go again, reports Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe.
Sullinger is not a future NBA star, but he can be a quality rotation big who can help the Celtics this year and in future years. He’s got a smart below-the-rim game, he can get off his shot and make plays.
Whether he sticks as a Celtic long term or is an asset moved in the rebuilding process, it will be good for Boston to have him back.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23