Aug 5, 2013, 12:30 AM EDT
The Suns introduced a new home court design last season, but didn’t get the approval from the league in time to roll out the new uniforms that were supposed to echo the club’s new-look theme.
A year later, the Suns will in fact have new uniforms for next season.
The team has been releasing little teases of the new look, and will unveil it all officially during a local fashion show on August 15th.
The Phoenix Suns will add some style to an action-packed summer when they unveil their new uniforms during a runway show at Scottsdale Fashion Square on Thursday, Aug. 15. The public reveal will take place at 7 pm inside Fashion Square on the east end of the first level, just outside of Barneys.
Suns players Eric Bledsoe, Alex Len, Archie Goodwin and P.J. Tucker will reveal the new look, with Suns Ring-of-Honor members Alvan Adams, Tom Chambers, Walter Davis and Dick Van Arsdale, as well as alumni Eddie Johnson, Steven Hunter and Tim Kempton all scheduled to participate. Legendary radio play-by-play broadcaster Al McCoy, as well as Suns President Jason Rowley, will also play a role in the highly anticipated event.
The new logos released by the team gave us an indication of what things might look like, but we’ll have to wait a couple more weeks to see exactly what the Suns have in store for their players to wear next season.
- Wednesday NBA grades: Kevin Durant ends season exactly like you think he would 0
- Finally the NBA playoff match ups are set 29
- PBT Extra: Giving out MVP, end of season awards 5
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 38
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 17