Aug 5, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Peyton Siva had a good NBA Summer League down in Orlando — he showed the skills that helped him lead Louisville to the national championship. He was a good floor general, not one with a great jump shot but a guy who just seemed to make plays when they were needed. Plus he can defend.
The Pistons drafted him at No. 56 at the end of the second round and they like him. However, with Brandon Jennings, Chauncey Billups, Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum on the roster there are questions about whether he can see the floor much.
But apparently he is going to get a chance, according to this ESPN report.
We do not know what the guarantees (if any) are on this contract, but it is rumored to be a one year guarantee. There were reports that the Pistons wanted Siva to play a season overseas then come back to them. However, they have the roster spot open to keep a guy around to develop who they like — that seems to be the case here.
At the last it sounds like he will get a chance in camp to prove his worth. He got a shot, and that’s all you can ask.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 0
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 18
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 28