Aug 5, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Peyton Siva had a good NBA Summer League down in Orlando — he showed the skills that helped him lead Louisville to the national championship. He was a good floor general, not one with a great jump shot but a guy who just seemed to make plays when they were needed. Plus he can defend.
The Pistons drafted him at No. 56 at the end of the second round and they like him. However, with Brandon Jennings, Chauncey Billups, Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum on the roster there are questions about whether he can see the floor much.
But apparently he is going to get a chance, according to this ESPN report.
We do not know what the guarantees (if any) are on this contract, but it is rumored to be a one year guarantee. There were reports that the Pistons wanted Siva to play a season overseas then come back to them. However, they have the roster spot open to keep a guy around to develop who they like — that seems to be the case here.
At the last it sounds like he will get a chance in camp to prove his worth. He got a shot, and that’s all you can ask.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 29
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 22
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5