Aug 5, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Peyton Siva had a good NBA Summer League down in Orlando — he showed the skills that helped him lead Louisville to the national championship. He was a good floor general, not one with a great jump shot but a guy who just seemed to make plays when they were needed. Plus he can defend.
The Pistons drafted him at No. 56 at the end of the second round and they like him. However, with Brandon Jennings, Chauncey Billups, Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum on the roster there are questions about whether he can see the floor much.
But apparently he is going to get a chance, according to this ESPN report.
We do not know what the guarantees (if any) are on this contract, but it is rumored to be a one year guarantee. There were reports that the Pistons wanted Siva to play a season overseas then come back to them. However, they have the roster spot open to keep a guy around to develop who they like — that seems to be the case here.
At the last it sounds like he will get a chance in camp to prove his worth. He got a shot, and that’s all you can ask.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 13
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 94
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 10
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17