Aug 5, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Peyton Siva had a good NBA Summer League down in Orlando — he showed the skills that helped him lead Louisville to the national championship. He was a good floor general, not one with a great jump shot but a guy who just seemed to make plays when they were needed. Plus he can defend.
The Pistons drafted him at No. 56 at the end of the second round and they like him. However, with Brandon Jennings, Chauncey Billups, Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum on the roster there are questions about whether he can see the floor much.
But apparently he is going to get a chance, according to this ESPN report.
We do not know what the guarantees (if any) are on this contract, but it is rumored to be a one year guarantee. There were reports that the Pistons wanted Siva to play a season overseas then come back to them. However, they have the roster spot open to keep a guy around to develop who they like — that seems to be the case here.
At the last it sounds like he will get a chance in camp to prove his worth. He got a shot, and that’s all you can ask.
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 9
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15