Aug 5, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
Peyton Siva had a good NBA Summer League down in Orlando — he showed the skills that helped him lead Louisville to the national championship. He was a good floor general, not one with a great jump shot but a guy who just seemed to make plays when they were needed. Plus he can defend.
The Pistons drafted him at No. 56 at the end of the second round and they like him. However, with Brandon Jennings, Chauncey Billups, Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum on the roster there are questions about whether he can see the floor much.
But apparently he is going to get a chance, according to this ESPN report.
We do not know what the guarantees (if any) are on this contract, but it is rumored to be a one year guarantee. There were reports that the Pistons wanted Siva to play a season overseas then come back to them. However, they have the roster spot open to keep a guy around to develop who they like — that seems to be the case here.
At the last it sounds like he will get a chance in camp to prove his worth. He got a shot, and that’s all you can ask.
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 12
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 25
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 19
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 9
- It’s official: Jabari Parker out for the season with torn ACL 20
- Grizzlies snap Warriors’ 16-game winning streak 4
- Report: Chris Mullin doesn’t want to jump in mid-season to coach Kings 3
- Shane Larkin, a second thought as Knicks chase star free agents, trying to find his own way 1