Aug 5, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
This is the final schedule leak you’ll receive from us, so soak it up in all of its August glory.
The New York Knicks will open the season at home against the rebuilding Milwaukee Bucks, according to a report from Marc Berman of the New York Post.
While many teams in big markets have marquee matchups slated for the first game of the season, it would appear that the Knicks are getting off relatively easy.
Milwaukee added some talent in the offseason in O.J. Mayo, Gary Neal, and Zaza Pachulia. But they lost Monta Ellis in free agency and traded away Brandon Jennings, so they’ll be looking for the new players to turn into a cohesive unit relatively quickly in order to be able to compete with the league’s top teams.
This adds to our earlier reports of games appearing on next season’s schedule, which mostly involved the Miami Heat. The NBA will release the 2013-14 schedule in its entirety on August 6th at 6 p.m. Eastern live on NBA TV.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 2
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 19
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 72
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13