Aug 5, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
This is the final schedule leak you’ll receive from us, so soak it up in all of its August glory.
The New York Knicks will open the season at home against the rebuilding Milwaukee Bucks, according to a report from Marc Berman of the New York Post.
While many teams in big markets have marquee matchups slated for the first game of the season, it would appear that the Knicks are getting off relatively easy.
Milwaukee added some talent in the offseason in O.J. Mayo, Gary Neal, and Zaza Pachulia. But they lost Monta Ellis in free agency and traded away Brandon Jennings, so they’ll be looking for the new players to turn into a cohesive unit relatively quickly in order to be able to compete with the league’s top teams.
This adds to our earlier reports of games appearing on next season’s schedule, which mostly involved the Miami Heat. The NBA will release the 2013-14 schedule in its entirety on August 6th at 6 p.m. Eastern live on NBA TV.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7