Aug 5, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
This is the final schedule leak you’ll receive from us, so soak it up in all of its August glory.
The New York Knicks will open the season at home against the rebuilding Milwaukee Bucks, according to a report from Marc Berman of the New York Post.
While many teams in big markets have marquee matchups slated for the first game of the season, it would appear that the Knicks are getting off relatively easy.
Milwaukee added some talent in the offseason in O.J. Mayo, Gary Neal, and Zaza Pachulia. But they lost Monta Ellis in free agency and traded away Brandon Jennings, so they’ll be looking for the new players to turn into a cohesive unit relatively quickly in order to be able to compete with the league’s top teams.
This adds to our earlier reports of games appearing on next season’s schedule, which mostly involved the Miami Heat. The NBA will release the 2013-14 schedule in its entirety on August 6th at 6 p.m. Eastern live on NBA TV.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49