Aug 5, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
This is the final schedule leak you’ll receive from us, so soak it up in all of its August glory.
The New York Knicks will open the season at home against the rebuilding Milwaukee Bucks, according to a report from Marc Berman of the New York Post.
While many teams in big markets have marquee matchups slated for the first game of the season, it would appear that the Knicks are getting off relatively easy.
Milwaukee added some talent in the offseason in O.J. Mayo, Gary Neal, and Zaza Pachulia. But they lost Monta Ellis in free agency and traded away Brandon Jennings, so they’ll be looking for the new players to turn into a cohesive unit relatively quickly in order to be able to compete with the league’s top teams.
This adds to our earlier reports of games appearing on next season’s schedule, which mostly involved the Miami Heat. The NBA will release the 2013-14 schedule in its entirety on August 6th at 6 p.m. Eastern live on NBA TV.
- Mike D’Antoni: Chances “pretty good” Kobe plays Sunday… he sold that short 4
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 16
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 17
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)