Aug 5, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
This is the final schedule leak you’ll receive from us, so soak it up in all of its August glory.
The New York Knicks will open the season at home against the rebuilding Milwaukee Bucks, according to a report from Marc Berman of the New York Post.
While many teams in big markets have marquee matchups slated for the first game of the season, it would appear that the Knicks are getting off relatively easy.
Milwaukee added some talent in the offseason in O.J. Mayo, Gary Neal, and Zaza Pachulia. But they lost Monta Ellis in free agency and traded away Brandon Jennings, so they’ll be looking for the new players to turn into a cohesive unit relatively quickly in order to be able to compete with the league’s top teams.
This adds to our earlier reports of games appearing on next season’s schedule, which mostly involved the Miami Heat. The NBA will release the 2013-14 schedule in its entirety on August 6th at 6 p.m. Eastern live on NBA TV.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9