Aug 5, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
That is a five games without pay, a suspension that will begin at the start of next season.
This length of suspension is not for a PED use but for a recreational drug. Players are tested six times a year, four in season and two out of season.
Harris had a couple 10-day contracts with the Hornets last season then signed this deal. Harris is on a non-guaranteed contract — he can be waived for nothing before Oct. 31 and for just $150,000 after that. This certainly does not help his cause for making the roster.
If he sticks this would be Harris’ third NBA season out of Oklahoma State, he played his rookie season with the Heat.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 3
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 24
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6