Aug 5, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
That is a five games without pay, a suspension that will begin at the start of next season.
This length of suspension is not for a PED use but for a recreational drug. Players are tested six times a year, four in season and two out of season.
Harris had a couple 10-day contracts with the Hornets last season then signed this deal. Harris is on a non-guaranteed contract — he can be waived for nothing before Oct. 31 and for just $150,000 after that. This certainly does not help his cause for making the roster.
If he sticks this would be Harris’ third NBA season out of Oklahoma State, he played his rookie season with the Heat.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 14
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3