Aug 5, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
That is a five games without pay, a suspension that will begin at the start of next season.
This length of suspension is not for a PED use but for a recreational drug. Players are tested six times a year, four in season and two out of season.
Harris had a couple 10-day contracts with the Hornets last season then signed this deal. Harris is on a non-guaranteed contract — he can be waived for nothing before Oct. 31 and for just $150,000 after that. This certainly does not help his cause for making the roster.
If he sticks this would be Harris’ third NBA season out of Oklahoma State, he played his rookie season with the Heat.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 9
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 23
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 53
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (53)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)