Aug 5, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
If you’re a celebrity — say, a nationally recognized basketball star like LeBron James — it’s hard to just go to a movie or dinner and blend in.
First off, when you’re 6’8” you don’t really blend into the crowd anyway. Then once you stand out and are recognized, you can simply be hounded for photo and autograph requests (not to mention the guy with this great business idea for you to partner with). Some cities let celebrities be better about it than others, but there is really nowhere LeBron can just hang out in public without drawing attention.
Don’t play the world’s smallest violin for the man — he stepped willingly into the spotlight and is well compensated for his fame. It’s not exactly “ mo money mo problems” here, just the price of celebrity. But put yourself in the shoes of any hounded celebrity and if you can’t see where the frustration comes from then you’re judgment is clouded.
I don’t know what set him off specifically, but LeBron was clearly frustrated Sunday night and he took to Facebook to vent about it.
Man it’s hard to go out and have a good time these days! It’s cool though, it’s part of my life. Wouldn’t change anything (just saying). Been in the spotlight since I was 15. Sometimes u just wanna STOP!! But I refuse cause I have a commitment to the youth to inspire them!! That will keep me pushing forward and focused alone.
LeBron will now be hammered in the comments here, as he heard on Facebook. Have at him. Taking to Facebook to vent about this may not have been the smartest PR move.
But I can see why there would be times he is frustrated.
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 5
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 9
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 19
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 10
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9