Goran Dragic ejected from Eurobasket tune-up game after altercation with Turkey’s Dogus Balbay (VIDEO)
Aug 4, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Goran Dragic is playing for the Slovenian team during Eurobasket this summer, and in a tune-up game this weekend things got heated with him and a player from the team from Turkey to the point where he was ejected for his actions.
The play can be seen in the video clip above, and it appears that Dragic initiated the contact with a shove out of bounds after the foul was called, which resulted in Turkey’s Dogus Balbay throwing a punch at Dragic before the benches cleared and the officials intervened.
It can get a bit more real for guys when they suit up for their national teams, and that appears to have been the case with Dragic here. He’s always been known as a fiery competitor, but usually won’t initiate extra-curricular activity like this unless he’s been provoked for several possessions before the one that ultimately caused him to snap.
[via Paul Coro on Twitter]
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 12
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30