Goran Dragic ejected from Eurobasket tune-up game after altercation with Turkey’s Dogus Balbay (VIDEO)
Aug 4, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Goran Dragic is playing for the Slovenian team during Eurobasket this summer, and in a tune-up game this weekend things got heated with him and a player from the team from Turkey to the point where he was ejected for his actions.
The play can be seen in the video clip above, and it appears that Dragic initiated the contact with a shove out of bounds after the foul was called, which resulted in Turkey’s Dogus Balbay throwing a punch at Dragic before the benches cleared and the officials intervened.
It can get a bit more real for guys when they suit up for their national teams, and that appears to have been the case with Dragic here. He’s always been known as a fiery competitor, but usually won’t initiate extra-curricular activity like this unless he’s been provoked for several possessions before the one that ultimately caused him to snap.
[via Paul Coro on Twitter]
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 2
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 12
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 35
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14