Goran Dragic ejected from Eurobasket tune-up game after altercation with Turkey’s Dogus Balbay (VIDEO)
Aug 4, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Goran Dragic is playing for the Slovenian team during Eurobasket this summer, and in a tune-up game this weekend things got heated with him and a player from the team from Turkey to the point where he was ejected for his actions.
The play can be seen in the video clip above, and it appears that Dragic initiated the contact with a shove out of bounds after the foul was called, which resulted in Turkey’s Dogus Balbay throwing a punch at Dragic before the benches cleared and the officials intervened.
It can get a bit more real for guys when they suit up for their national teams, and that appears to have been the case with Dragic here. He’s always been known as a fiery competitor, but usually won’t initiate extra-curricular activity like this unless he’s been provoked for several possessions before the one that ultimately caused him to snap.
[via Paul Coro on Twitter]
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34